Trying the picture thing

rotorhead

I haven't been able to get out and hunt this year as of yet but I wanted to try and get a picture on here so I am placing a buddy of mine on with his north Missouri deer. He shot this fella at 200 on the move. I live in Texas now and I used to hunt with this guy alot. I miss the Missouri wild deer. Here you have to get leases or hunt a ranch at thousands of dollars per shot. I feel this is a good buck, but some wouldn't. Because the ranches get them real big down here in Texas. Never the less I congradulate him.
It appears that I am successful, by the way the deer was shot about a week ago.

Rh
buck06.jpg

I do some hunting in north MO and while there are a few bigger bucks up there (you couldn't tell it by me!), that is a good one in anyone's book. He would certainly get a one way ride in the back of my truck! Congratulations to your friend.

I hunt south texas where the deer do get big ( if you let them grow). That deer though is a very nice deer. I like those long G3's. Looks like an older deer too.. Going to do a shoulder mount on that one? I would.

He said that he is doing a shoulder type mount that setts on a table or pedistal or somthing like that I have never seen what he was telling me about but I asked him to take a picture when He gets it back.

Rh

The guy that was with him did a quick measure and said he was sure it was at least a 150 maybe 160 but I haven't talked to him to see if he had confirmed that. I must admit I do not know how to grade them at all . I have a couple a bigger deer in my past but notheing monsterous I shot one a couple years ago that I was told was 145 or so but I wouldn't know that is the biggest white tail I ever shot. I think I can get the information on boone and crocket web page, Is that the standard??

Rh

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.