Trying for a first tag

Bait57

Hey all. I just found this forum a few weeks ago and love it.

I am currently planning on putting in for a Wyoming Antelope hunt this fall. My vacation was set a year in advance because of my job. I have the first week of October off.

From what I have been reading here there are numerous people that have been there to hunt. I would like to get some advise from the members here about it. The Wyoming website is rather confusing on some of the things listed. I am not asking for a persons honey-hole or anything like that. I would like some help in navigating so I can increase my odds of getting a tag.

I am currently building a 6.5CM for use on this hunt if I can get a tag.

On the web site you can find a page for draw odds. That will go through each hunt unit and tell you how many licenses were available and how many hunters applied for their first choice etc. Lots of info there. If your having trouble the drop me a DM with a phone number and we'll go through it together.
The easy to draw units tend to have little public land. Best to know where you want to hunt then apply for that area.
Bruce

Thank you.
I honestly don't have a preference as to which unit. I have been looking at them all. I have been checking the website for a few months now. I missed the deadline to buy points because I didn't know if I was going to be able to get vacation during one of the seasons

Go here. Just to the right of center click on Drawing odds and reports for Antelope under random draw. It takes you to a page that shows how many permits were available and how many people applied for it. So hunt area 1 and type 1 (any antelope) had 39 permits available. 130 people applied for those. A 30% chance of drawing. Area 3 and 4 had no one apply for permits. Likely lots of private property in those units. Look through and see if that helps some.
Bruce

Go here. Just to the right of center click on Drawing odds and reports for Antelope under random draw. It takes you to a page that shows how many permits were available and how many people applied for it. So hunt area 1 and type 1 (any antelope) had 39 permits available. 130 people applied for those. A 30% chance of drawing. Area 3 and 4 had no one apply for permits. Likely lots of private property in those units. Look through and see if that helps some.
Bruce

I am looking at it now. I am making notes for each zone and going to compare to the map so I can see if there is public land. I really appreciate the help. I will send you a message as well that has my phone number. I can't thank you enough for taking the time for the help.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.