Tryin this again

THUMPER7MMRUM

Could I get some direction on the best scope for the money please? I have 800 to throw at the cause. I'll be shootin 7mm RUM SenderoSFII. I've been hunting all of my life but, long range hunting is a whole diff world. Thanks again for taking the the time!

James

leupold,nikon, and burris are all excellent, and available in this price range .

I use all three, in the 14 to 24 power range (variables) lean more to the leupold in vx3 4.5x14x50 class, and a toss up with the others in the 6x24x50 class, all 30mm tubes. go look thru all of them and pick the one that you prefer.

leupold,nikon, and burris are all excellent, and available in this price range .

I use all three, in the 14 to 24 power range (variables) lean more to the leupold in vx3 4.5x14x50 class, and a toss up with the others in the 6x24x50 class, all 30mm tubes. go look thru all of them and pick the one that you prefer.

+1

I couldn't have said it better .

I also like the 4.5x 14 VX3 30mm tube and 50mm objective best.

In fact that is what I have on my 7mm RUM.

J E CUSTOM

I like the Leupy 4.5X14 LR VX-3 as well. Have one on my 300 WM and it does very well. Another worth considering is the Sightron SIII 6x24x50 LRMD. I have one of these on a 308 and this scope is incredible. Has been completey spot on to 1,000 yds and completely repeatable. It may just be the gun it's on, but I always feel that it is more precise with adjustments. Basically, just range, dial, squeeze and hit. They go for around $806 and well worth it.

Man... The more I look at this sightron the more I like it. I like the heck out of it. Wished I could find that same scope with the illuminated ret! Thanks for the tip man! gun)

Well, that's it! I've slapped the gavel on that Sightron! I feel like it let my gun reach on out there a lil more than the leupy 4.5-14. Good Lord! I'll never say anything else to my wife about making her mind up! LOL! YA'll have a gooden and thanks again.

The Burris XTR 6-24 gets my vote. I paid $600 on ebay brand spanking new for mine. Some of these scopes come with 1 MOA adjustments on the vertical turret but it can be changed to 1/4 MOA for $40. I prefer this scope to the Leupolds, Nikons, and Bushnells and it is made here in the US if that is important to you.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.