TruPulse200 LRF... anyone tried one?

groper

Looking into rangefinders atm... came across these Laser Technology : Innovate :

seems to be in a decent quality bracket similar to the leica judging from the commercial background of the company is involved in LIDAR and most other forms of commercial laser technology and a similar price range.

This LRF appears to have some nice features 7X magnification wide FOV and includes an inclinometer advertised accurate to 0.25degrees, typical ranging out to 1000m and reflective targets out to 2000m, accuracy to .3m or 1 ft, display in decimals 0.1 ft or 0.1m.

All in all seems like it may just be great unit for $699. Was wondering if anyone has actually held one and what was your thought on it?

Last edited:
I can't find it again now but somewhere on their website it says they make the Bushnell line.

Found a heap of high quality rangefinders in addition aswell i might add. Ranging from $2k to $10k... almost purely marketed in the surveying/mining industries...

accurate to 2inches at a range of upto 6,000m etc etc... not that we need it...

it may just pay to look outside the ripoff "hunting" or "tactical" marketed stuff, and into the products produced by the parent companies that develop products of a much more highly valued commercial application of this technology.... just a thought...

why would you need to ask about the ripoff??? we pay far too much for our toys, esp here in australia where everything costs nearly double what you pay in the USA, due in part to our "gun" market being at best 1/100 the size.

Paint somthing in camo then market the same equipment to "hunting enthusiats" and you pay twice as much again... surprised you havnt noticed this already?

Please consider that this is just an economics discussion between two good friends.:)

Are you saying that at the end of the year these companies make a higher profit % than you feel is "not a rip-off" and if so what is your proscribed % of year end profit that you consider not to be a rip-off? Then if you give me the name of a company I'll see if I can find out how much they make as a % of sales. Better give me a few in case I can't find the first one's profit %.

ok sounds like fun...

An acceptable profit margin, that consititutes "not a ripoff", would be one as close to marxist as posssible... a percentage that allows us, free reign to borrow without equity, spend our way into a recession without consequence whilst producing bugger all, and simply print magic non inflationary money to pay for everything and make whatever profit margin this may be, still profitable. Easy.

Oh wait a minute, i dont live in the USA :D

Never mind. I am sorry your are an unhappy soul but I am done. Best wishes in 2009.

After much research, recommendation and consideration, ive decided im going to buy one of these TruPulse200 LRF`s for hunting purposes.

Laser Technology Inc. is a Colorado-based company devoted to the design and manufacture of innovative laser-based speed and distance measurement instruments for traffic safety and professional measurement organizations and businesses. Laser Technology, Inc. currently holds more than 40 laser-based United States patents and its products are used around the world. LaserTech.com

Used in a wide variety of industries including geo mapping, surveying and mining, i believe the laser rangefinders with inclinometers this company produces will be second to none.

Ill report back how it performs at a later date when it arrives and i get a chance to test it out.

I think on a earlier post someone said that they use Laser Tech lasers in Bushnell...has anyone found proof of this?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.