Truing an action.

Hey mram what kind of pump are you using for your oil while chambering?
Shep
A power steering pump. Delivers a LOT of pressure since it's spinning at 1600 rpm. I have a valve that adjusts the oil volume, so that keeps it manageable

I got my ps pump off eBay for $17 shipped and built a 5" pulley out of aluminum. I can buy a roll of toilet paper with the extra $70 :)
One roll, if you can find any for sale! LOL

Was thinking more for the guys who don't want to mess around too much building stuff than for the guys who see it as a Science Experiment.

Used to occassionally operate a hydraulic logic screw machine at the machine shop I worked in when I was just out of HS. It used the cutting fluid as it's hyd. fluid. Always thought that odd/interesting.

When I'm doing a remington action that is going to be a varmint or target action I sleeve the bolt to take out any play it has. You can get .001 clearence on the bolt when locked up but have .003 when sliding the bolt in and out. Once you have the sleeves .001 less that raceway you sand the sides a little to get the clearence for sliding. They run very smooth this way and lock up perfectly square. Greg Tannel has videos on how to do it. The only thing I do different is I use automotive body panel glue to hold the sleeves on. Never had one come off. That's some super strong glue. I learned my entire action trying methods from Greg. He is a great guy and shares his success he's had with building many world record holding rifles over the years. Not saying his way is the only way but when I'm done with a remington they are straight to .0005. That is good enough for me. Most custom actions don't come in that straight. I know because I check every one I build.
Shep
Hi Shep, You did some action work for me in April '20, but I lost your contact. I'd like to talk to you about some more work but don't know how to get ahold of you. Thanks! Travis L.