True accuracy for long range

I can't speak for any on the guns you mentioned. Except, don't waste your money on a weatherby.

I have a 338 Lapua that was custom made. It cost me about $3100 including bases and rings. Not including scope. PGW action, Mcmillian stock, Jewell trigger, 28" #& Lilja fluted. I think its well worth the money.

If you wan't a good long range rig for the money. Go with a Remington Sendero in 300 RUM. Definitely better than the weatherbys.

Interesting

I just finished another Lapua on a MK5 Weatherby and It shoots less than a 1/2 MOA @
600 yards. And with the cost of the barrel and a good deal on the reicever It cost less
than $1800.00 without the scope It had a fluted Lilja,mcmillian stock and a timney trigger.

I use a lot of Remington's but on the Lapua and other cases with large case heads I prefer
to use the Weatherby because of the bolt Diameter.

None of the Weatherbys have failed to produce sub 1/2 MOA groups so I tend to think that
its the smith or the person behind the scope that has the most to do with poor performance
or accuracy, Not the action.

Just my 2 cents.

J E CUSTOM

Last edited:
The Weatherby SUCKS! It's difficult enough to get TWO LOCKING LUGS to mesh exactly right....much less 9 lugs!!

Stick with the TRG-42 in .338!

They WORK!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts