Trucks n Tires

Tikkamike

I have been agonizing over what tires to buy when my current ones wear out and they are finally worn enough I can justify new ones. I was set on the new Toyo open country R/T but then I saw a set of Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's and was torn. Anyway I finally settled on a set of the Nittos in a 285/65R18. I was going to get them from a fellow forum member who was offering me a smoking deal then I got an email from Discount Tire Direct and they offered an even better deal which ended up saving me a lot of $$. (I saved enough to order a NF direct mount for one of my rifles actually) Anyway I am excited about the tires which will be here Monday. I would like to know what tires you guys are running on your rigs and what the Truck is. Pictures would be even better! I will post a pic when I get mine on.

I had the Toyos nothing bad to say about them... Recently got Goodyear Duratracs..(285 75 16) on my GMC 2500 with Duramax and Banks performance products.... Its hard on tires! So far I like these better in snow and ice, seems to go much better.

I have the trail grapplers on my 13 dodge 3500 Laramie.
I love them. Work well ride nice and good wear so far.
I think toyos are good. I just got a better deal at discount for my tires. 242 each I think.

Mike, haven't put a dent in the tires that came on mine, but would appreciate an update on your choice. Mine are load range E, are the Nittos available in E? Need the E's for towing.

I put the Wrangler MTR on my Tundra because I was tired of cutting tires on mesquite stumps and rocks at the deer lease. So far, I haven't even needed to air one up. They are dang tough.

I have Firestone on my 2500 Chey. I tried to save a few hundred. They are wore out at 40K. My friend bought Bridgestone and they still look good at 80k. I recently put the Supper Swamper 37" radial on my Jeep. So far I am impressed.

I put the Wrangler MTR on my Tundra because I was tired of cutting tires on mesquite stumps and rocks at the deer lease. So far, I haven't even needed to air one up. They are dang tough.

I settled with the Silent Armor on my 2011 Tundra and am very pleased with it thus far (nearly 30K miles). Might go with Duratrac next time.

I had the Nitto Terra Graplers 265/75/17 on my 2003 Ram 3500 SRW 4x4. If I remember correctly, I put 70,000 miles on the tires. They were definitely meant for on road more than off road. The tread just filled up with mud and would not sling it out no matter how fast I spun them. Of course I'm talking about red KY clay though. I did switch to a Mastercraft Courser C/T tire. They do marginally better in the mud but are still quiet on the highway.

I had the Nittos on my 2500 Cummings and they wore out faster than I've ever seen. They just came apart in big chunks. I finally went to Cooper Discoverer Maxx tires. These tires are truly indestructible. They will be on my trucks from now on.

I had Toyo open country on my Dodge until this winter. I found a deal on some Bridgestone Dueler AT's and put them on. What a difference! The Bridgestone's dig better and will not skate on ice like the Toyo did. They also seem to ride truer with less steering input needed, but I suspect that is more a function that the tires are now new and have perfectly flat tread facings.

I put a set of C rated Goodyear Duratracs on my Tacoma, and have been very happy with them. So far, they have the best traction in snow/ice/mud, and have worn really well. They have a little hum, but not like a really aggressive tire. I will be sticking with these for a while.

I have Firestone Transforce A/T on my pickup now with only only about 8500 miles on them. so far they work good for what i'm doing. my last set were nitto terra grapplers and didn't like the way they handled, wet pavement felt like I was driving on ice. I got 40,000 from them and they were pretty worn out at that time.

Attachments

• 20150213_160627.jpg
    20150213_160627.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 16
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.