Truck tires

I have run a few different tires, cooper sst maxx, falken wildpeak, Nitto Ridge grapplers, Hercules something or another. I have preferred the Nitto tires. I am surprised to say that, I got talked into them by a buddy and they have been the best for me.

BFG AT KO2. They are winter rated and do well in everything except heavy mud.

They kick the crap out of the Toyo AT in the snow and ice. I compared them on the same truck back to back winters in CO. It wasn't even close.

I run Cooper AT3 XLT 10 ply on both my Toyota Tacoma and Dodge Ram. I get better wear on the Taco but both have held up well- Taco is on it's 2nd set of them. I really like them for mixed driving with a lot of dirt roads and winter driving. They are quiet on the highway compared to other stuff I had in the past. I will not change tires unless they stop making them.

Another vote for KO2s. We have had them on 2 Tundras. Pretty quiet on the highway for a snow/offroad tire. But yeah, if it hits the fan, you need chains. And, if you haven't used chains before, don't put them on for the first time in foot-deep snow when its 10 degrees ;)

Honestly I would go with anything but Goodyear based off politicial stance. Apparently BLM matters to them but blue lives matter is unacceptable.

I have had a couple experiences with bad snow and I am overly cautious. I put the chains on before I "have too" but between that and my f150s wench I'm not getting stuck on the side of a mountain in a 12" snow

Pitbull rocker radials or something similar with a good stiff sidewall, e load rated if you can find it. Air them down to 15 PSI or so when it gets nasty...you won't need chains.

Those coopers listed above are nice too. The trick is, dont run anything in the mud or snow (or jagged rocks for that matter at 35-40 PSI unless you just like getting stuck or blowing tires.
For sand I'd agree, but snow?

I've been using BFG for almost 40 years, but when Michelin bought them they aren't as good! KO2s are fine, but I preferred the KOs. Some tire run better on different vehicles. I'd go with BFG MTAs. Gets rid of the snow better and they aren't that noisy. I've put over 50k on them and still lots of tread.