Truck mount for ar15

Blackdirt Cowboy

I have a short barreled ar15 with a suppressor I keep in my truck for use on pigs, varmints, and other things that may need killing on the ranch. I'm looking for suggestions on a mount to keep the rifle from bouncing around, yet remain quickly accessible when I need it.

An over head mount is out of the question for two reasons. First, the truck has a sunroof, so no screws through the roof. Second, I'm a tall guy, and I bump my head on the ceiling as is, even with my cowboy hat off.

I drive a Chevrolet 3500 high country with the full floor console between the front seats. I've been looking at this mount, but it's pretty speedy to put blind faith in it that it'll fit. Have any of y'all used this mount or know someone who has? What are your thoughts on it, or is there another option I'm missing?

I have a short barreled ar15 with a suppressor I keep in my truck for use on pigs, varmints, and other things that may need killing on the ranch. I'm looking for suggestions on a mount to keep the rifle from bouncing around, yet remain quickly accessible when I need it.

An over head mount is out of the question for two reasons. First, the truck has a sunroof, so no screws through the roof. Second, I'm a tall guy, and I bump my head on the ceiling as is, even with my cowboy hat off.

I drive a Chevrolet 3500 high country with the full floor console between the front seats. I've been looking at this mount, but it's pretty speedy to put blind faith in it that it'll fit. Have any of y'all used this mount or know someone who has? What are your thoughts on it, or is there another option I'm missing?

People I know have used a single gun rack that hooks in there defrost vent on the right side of the dash then attached at the bottom with a screw or I've used para cord with a loop shut in my glove box lid the barrel is cradled in a piece of heavy sponge rubber used under metal roofing attached to steering column with a zip tie or Velcro I used both at same time always handy right in front of you. David

People I know have used a single gun rack that hooks in there defrost vent on the right side of the dash then attached at the bottom with a screw or I've used para cord with a loop shut in my glove box lid the barrel is cradled in a piece of heavy sponge rubber used under metal roofing attached to steering column with a zip tie or Velcro I used both at same time always handy right in front of you. David
The gun rack part is made out of 1 inch metal strap that you bend to contour to the dash or hang over it the I use topper weather seal stuck to it and built up to protect my dash and gun. David

As an aside to the op post, Lowes sells 2" wide Velcro that is **** near permanent. I've used it to attach things on camper walls rather than drilling holes. Might consider that along with any attachment you purchase.

Best I have seen was an overhead headliner mount. My real estate agent had one in his truck
1631577089411.jpeg

I generally just carry mine muzzle down in a soft case. But for a dedicated mount I'd still look for something with the muzzle pointed down.