trs-1 vs buckmasters

blownsmok97

Looking at scope's in the $350 range due to budget issues at the moment. Was thinking about possibly a millett 4-16 trs-1 or a nikon buckmasters 6-18x40. Which would be the better scope? Or what other scopes would be good in this price range?

This will be put on my m700 300 Win with 26" barrel and muzzle brake. Will be using for shooting steel out to 1000, and for hunting as well. I thought about the SS 10x, but since its a hunting rifle I would like adjustability. Currently has a vortex crossfire.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

I really like my trs1 4x16. As I mentioned in another post, it has great clarity and loads of features for the price(optics planet $304). Between my two boys and me, I really have to stretch my optics money for all are rifles and in lines. The trs1 has taken the pounding of my 338. Holds its zero, returns to and glass is clear and bright. I need to pick up 2 more. One for a 25-06 a bolt(12yr olds rifle) and one for a rebarrel job on LA savage I have laying around.

Gene

Last edited:
I've got the 6-8 Nikon that I have been using on a 17hmr. I recently put it on my beloved 7mag and it is a real preformer. The only drawbacks I find is that it is a little fussy on the eye relief at 18pwr. and the 1/8' clicks. I have not used the Millet.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts