Trouble reading Ziess display in my RF binos.

WildBillG

Well as the title says II have a terrible time reading the display in my Ziess RF binos. Sometimes itis easy to read and the next time you can barely see it. I wear glasses and believe this plays into the equation. As the problem seems to stem from a small change in the angle they are looked through. Right now I am to the point I want sell them and get a set of the Leicas. There is nothing wrong with the glass or distance they read just a poor display setup and color. I believe the Leica display is brighter too. Have any others had this issue. Also those of you with the Leicas that where glasses do you have this issue?

Sell it and get a LEICA HD-B 3000. Best LRF binoculars going.

You can actually program your exact rifle ballistics on the binos' little Micro SD card buy putting it in a SD holder and inserting it in your computer.

Then using Leica's online software you download into the Micro SD card what you have uploaded into it like specific cartridge, muzzle velocity, bullet weight, Ballistic Coefficient, etc. This is the only LRF binocular that dos this.

Eric B.

Dang, that's kind of awful to hear about your Zeiss RF having illumination issues. It has a self-illuminating display that's supposed to automatically adjust with ambient light settings, correct? I've heard that some either love the Victory RF or hate it. On paper, it looks like a great rangefinder bino to own. I wouldn't mind giving it a run for its money.. but the Leica would be my first pick. There's a ton of perks to it, and it's supposedly able to range almost twice as much as the Zeiss one.

Sadly it is not an illumination issue. The problem lies in getting them lined up exactly to your eye. Which I assume would be easier with out glasses. The prblem is worse when bowhunting and trying to range an approaching animal while holding them in one hand. I would have bought Leicas but whenI bought these Leica had the ranging button on the left tube. If I can I will sell them and get a set of Leicas. They would have been my first choice if I had only waited one more year to buy.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.