Trouble picking a scope for a 243AI

Oklahomahunter

I'm having trouble finding a scope for my 243AI. I have a shot to trade a Vanguard for a VXII 4.5-14X40. I want to run turrets so I'd have to have them added by Leupold. Is this a good scope for coyotes out to about 6-700 and deer at 4-500? The rifle is a catch all that goes everywhere. I am on a tight budget and need a good new scope. What are the best options for a scope that won't break the bank in this power and price range?

MTBULLET

don't cheat yourself or the rifle with "not enuf" scope. I use Leupold vx-3LR 30mm, 4.5x14x50, with varmint hunter reticle, good combo for the 243 AI, these can be had for about $690-700

B23

After spending some time behind a Bushnell 6500 Tactical I would recommend it over the others mentioned and they are too in that price range.

For the money I was actually pretty impressed with the optics of the 6500 and this is coming from a non Bushnell fan. The clicks are VERY positive, which I think is a good thing and they have their own sorta kinda version of a zero stop.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce