Trophy Ridge React sights

TexasSportsman

Who has hands on experience with the line of react sights where you sight in the 20 and 30 yard pin and the remaining pins from 40 to 60 yards are automatically set?

I really like them. Im kind of lazy when it comes to archery so i like it. You may have to fine tune them a little at 50 and 60, but thats just made the 30 and 40 yd pin more accurate.

I've been researching the Trophy Ridge React H5 for around $170. An online seller has one he claims is NIB unopened for a lot less but for some items I'd rather not buy that way.

Dont blame you there, I'm not for sure on the models anymore. I bought one early on and it had like a rubberized coating and after a few years it got sticky. After that i went with the pro models since the were aluminum.

Dont blame you there, I'm not for sure on the models anymore. I bought one early on and it had like a rubberized coating and after a few years it got sticky. After that i went with the pro models since the were aluminum.
That happened to me with the basic TR sight that came with my RTH Bear bow. I called TR and they sent me a replacement sight, a slightly upgraded one. I sent back the sticky one and been good with Bear/TR since.

I've got 5 pin model. First 4 are solid. 5th pin is off by 7 yards. 30, 40, 50, 60, 67/68 yards.

Not bad.

I've got 5 pin model. First 4 are solid. 5th pin is off by 7 yards. 30, 40, 50, 60, 67/68 yards.

Not bad.
Hunting with a bow is no different that with a rifle in that you don't take a shot if you're not 100% sure of making a clean kill.

I won't take a shot with a rifle past 200 yards. The place where I practice has a range out to 300 yards but I don't get the trigger time at 300 yards. Why? In Texas most of our shots are from an elevated or ground blind out to a feeder some 100 to 150 yards away.

Additionally I won't take a shot beyond 30 yards or so with my bow because I don't get enough time to practice at 40 yards.

When I hunt early season with the bow the feeder is some 30 yards away from where I shoot.

I can see a time where I might have a lot more time to practice. My backyard isn't 20 acres otherwise I'd be out there every day.

I have the 1 pin react pro.

It works. If you shoot with any degree of accuracy, I wouldn't do the 30-40y as the method to set it. You kind of have to go out as far as you're shooting and tune it.

I tuned the react screw all the way to 100y in 10 yard increments. While I personally can shoot further, this is about all this sight will go for me before my arrow will hit it. While I took extra time to tune, it was still way easier than tuning pins individually.

Edit: looks like you're only shooting to 30y max. Shouldn't be a problem then.

Attachments

• IMG_2401.jpeg
    IMG_2401.jpeg
    810.4 KB · Views: 50