tripple shock vs. tipped tripple shock

chainsaw

Hi,if I were to use 150 gr. Barnes on elk out of a .308 w,would I be better off with a tipped tripple shock?Shots would more than likely be under 250 yrds.probably under 100yrds.

TTSX in the 168 or 180 grain if I had the option.

I've had great luck with the TTSX this year, and if nothing else the plastic tips do 2 things. First, they act as a wedge to help open up the bullet. Second, they keep the tip from deforming in your magazine or with any rough handling.

TTSX in the 168 or 180 grain if I had the option.

I've had great luck with the TTSX this year, and if nothing else the plastic tips do 2 things. First, they act as a wedge to help open up the bullet. Second, they keep the tip from deforming in your magazine or with any rough handling.
3rd they increase BC, I would go ttsx in 180 grain.

I actually prefer the tsx myself. I have shot hundreds of each and lots of animals with each. I don't feel the tip helps expansion at all. The tips on the ttsx will deform in The magazine the tsx doesn't seem to.

I actually prefer the tsx myself. I have shot hundreds of each and lots of animals with each. I don't feel the tip helps expansion at all. The tips on the ttsx will deform in The magazine the tsx doesn't seem to.

Do you find the TSX has better terminal performance on game than the TTSX? I used the TTSX last year for the 1st time in my 35 Whelen loaded with 180 gr TTSX and shot 7 whitetails and a few hogs and terminal performance was great. Nothing over 200 yards, 6 of the 7 deer were bang flops and so were the hogs. 1 of the deer ran about 60 yards or so from a lung shot, other than that it hammers em hard. Yet to recover a bullet, complete pass throughs and everything liquified in between. I never tried the TSX.

They are the exact same in my opinion. The only reason i prefer the tsx is the tips dont deform

I have to agree with Mike. I use the TSX in every rifle that I shoot. I loaded the 140 gr TTSX in a 7 RUM and shot a Oryx with it at 338 yds and it didnt expand anymore than the TSX does on game. The BC gain of the TTSX is not even that much over the TSX.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.