Tripods?

I got a SLIK tripod for about $100. It just needs whatever head you want to accommodate. I got a heavy ball head for another $100 mostly for target shooting. There's options though and you can get a lighter one for packing around. I mounted an ARCA rail to my chassis and it's great. I can switch between my bino adapter without having to unscrew adapters and mounts.

How many of you guys use tripods for your long range hunting and shooting? When I finally get to start shooting, I know it won't be from the prone position because I won't get to hunt that way. I have a table, heavy sled and assorted bags already. I went to the sporting goods store and held a box with the Bog Death grip tripod in it. That thing was heavy. It might work for shooting but would be way tough to hunt with. I have a couple of quality tripods already. Is there an attachment I can add to those to hold my rifle? I'm brand spanking new to the thought of shooting or hunting with a tripod and wanted to hear your thoughts on the subject. Thanks again for the input.
Go to www.vortexoptics.com. They have what you need to shoot from a tripod including adapters.

I use the outdoorsman standard tripod with their rear rifle support.

For any of you thinking cheaper, lighter etc. I use just a cheap but sturdy mono or bi pod like Primo's or caldwell on the rear with a really sold tripod under the gun with great results. I've used the Primo's tripod for about five years combined with one or the other and made shots at distances with the combo I never thought I'd be able to. Having limited use of my left arm due to injuries I've had to learn to improvise a lot over the years.

For a few cents more you can use a bungee cord or piece of paracord to tie the rear and front pods together.

Found them! I'm going out the door now to knock off a couple of 7/11s to pay for them . bit out of my price range. I'll get another $1200.00 scope before any of them. But they do look good.

Found them! I'm going out the door now to knock off a couple of 7/11s to pay for them . bit out of my price range. I'll get another $1200.00 scope before any of them. But they do look good.
If you spend some time on ebay you can find a good used cf tripod stout enough for a 20-40lbs camera for a couple of hundred bucks if you're patient. That's how I found mine.

I just ordered this. Primarily used for spotting and the occasional shooting off of at matches. I know it's not a 2Vets or some 4 digit tripod from RRS. But for what I'll need it to do it checks every single box. advertised as having a weight capacity of 70lbs isnt too bad either. Delivered tomorrow and will hopefully give an update.

Amazon product ASIN B089ZN36CStripod link

Last edited:
I just ordered this. Primarily used for spotting and the occasional shooting off of at matches. I know it's not a 2Vets or some 4 digit tripod from RRS. But for what I'll need it to do it checks every single box. advertised as having a weight capacity of 70lbs isnt too bad either. Delivered tomorrow and will hopefully give an update.

Amazon product ASIN B089ZN36CS
For some reason your link isn't loading up.