Tripods?

I have been debating on trying them also , in the past if I'm going to sit and glass , when, I Get close to a good spot I find a sturdy dead limb and carry it and use its from a sitting postition on a steep side hill. but the older I get the more I think about those tripods. The problem for me is , the guys who got me started hunting didn't believe in using even a sling, so I don't use one of those either, my rifle is always in one hand or the other. When I kill a deer or elk I make a sling out of a piece of mule tape, until,Get back to camp.
For me it's how I was taught.

The Primos Triggerstick Tripod is the bomb. It's light, quiet, and fast to deploy. Not expensive - even from Uncle Larry. Get the carry pouch. Worth the few $$. A Breeze!

I have the single Primos stick but I think I'm liking the idea of clamping the rifle down. For the range or even for the right scenario.

WOW! Sportsmans Warehouse is making bank!
For long range precision shooting you can use either the monopod or bipod on the rear end to really get stable in combination with the tripod.

For long range precision shooting you can use either the monopod or bipod on the rear end to really get stable in combination with the tripod.
You said what I have been thinking about, a way to stabilize the the back end or my elbow, seems like when I was 20 , none of that stuff mattered but now , it's a bit tougher .
Just like the real steep stuff never bothered me much ,now I pick my way around some of it.
What do they call it , oh yeah ( the golden years ).

Tripods are different for everyone. I use a tripod tall enough to glass and shoot from standing if I have to. I also use it for my spotter. Both attach via Arca rail. Total wight with an Anvil head is 4.5 lbs.

If you need to shoot distance, and prone isn't an option, you will be thankful for the tripod.

Like anything else, get one and practice with it.

I regularly shoot from tripods in the off season, and I've killed stuff using tripods during season. I have several tripods & heads. Started with the saddle/clamp type setups. Went to arca and won't go back. Im not sure why anyone would use a V rest.

The current gold standard is RRS, and my 2 series, 4 section legs is my go to. Two Vets is another good option for legs, and there's some even cheaper leg options out there. I'd say don't skimp on the head. For shooting, get an Anvil30 head.

Yup. Me fo sho. 3lb fiesol with leveling head and rrs quick release clamp. Super solid and let's me shoot prone as well. Goes with me all the time

I went high end with RRS. I have a 2 series and a 3 series with the purpose made Anvil30 ballhead they have in their SOARs line up. I started using a conventional ball head and a Hogg clamp but rarely use the saddle any more as the arca plate set up is much better. I like arca so well that I changed out a Manner's Ultra light stock on my favorite rifle to a Manners EH1 just so I could mount an arca plate to it. I do almost all my hunting sitting and the set up works well for that and for shooting steel from behind the house.

As mentioned above, there is no guarantee that a rifle will shoot to the same POI from the bench and the tripods. All but one of my arca set up rifles shoot to the same POI but the one shoots about 1 MOA low off the tripod.

I use a frame pack and carry the rifle and tripod vertical on opposite sides.

If you want to do it right the first time it will be an expense upfront.
Get the RRS SOAR with the Anvil 30mount.
The mount will accept Arca and Picatinny.

The tripod is extremely Solid and so is the mount. I use it for Hunting and tactical shooting all the time. I mounted ARCA mounts on my rifle, spotting scope and binos. I can send pics of the set up in the field and range