Tripod Recommendations.

Brydawg512

What tripods do you all recommend for a 65mm spotter? I don't need anything extremely expensive.

I looked at the Vanguard Alta+ 233AO -- I liked the price point and it felt decent.

I was also recommended a Sirui 024SK -- Twice as expensive, but assuming of quality.

What would you all recommend? This will be packed on backcountry deer hunts.

Thank you.

No comparison. The Sirui and head is so far superior. Better made, 6 year warranty and the VA5 head that comes with it is one of the best on the market. Normally $299.90 with the head, we have it on special for $239.92 and then you get $30 back from Sirui. Sale runs through the rebate period, end of April

Give us a call if you are interested
Joel
516-217-1000
Camera Land

Tripods are very finicky. You have to match the weight capabilities with the weight of your optics. That also includes the head. What is the weight if your 65mm spotter? Once you have that, look for a tripod rated at that weight plus 3 or 4 pounds. Carbon fiber legs will carry more fir the same weight but they cost much more. I have a Manfrotto CF with a magnesium/stainless steel head. It supports my Kowa very securely and weighs just a few pounds. But it's expensive. I have not bought another tripod since as this one did the trick. Finally.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.