Tripod recommendations?

Smokepoles

search didn't turn up much current Info but I bet you guys will know a thing or two. I bumped up to a full size spotter to drag around this year and my packing tripod can't keep it steady. Any recommendations on a good light packable tripod for an 80mm swaro? I see a lot of the are used for rifle rests and what not now, anything else cool I should know about them? Thanks!

I've been playing with the Kramer Designs snipe Pod and tripod conversion. I think it will work great for Binos, but i'm not sure how a big spotter will do. It is surprisingly solid for how light it is. I think the tallest is 40", so this is for sitting only. I backpack and always sit, so this should work perfect for me.

If you are into fabrication at all, you will appreciate all the fine work on this thing. I can't believe they sell it as cheap as they do.

Thanks bud ill check it out but I'm looking for one that I can stand with thatll hold the full size spotter steady. I think mine would be ok sitting down ill have to try it. I have a full size magnesium gitzo but its way to heavy and bulky to lug around. Its a great tripod but not to convenient when on the go

Waiting on my Really Right Stuff TFCT-24L Anvil 30 ballhead tripod. This is going to be a really good hunting setup.

Have you considered the Swarovski CT Traveler? I use mine with a Swarovski ATX 65mm and have found it very stable even in windy conditions. It packs down well and being made of carbon fiber it is light. They are also a lot cheaper than the Gitzo carbon fiber tripods.

Received my RRS TFCT-24L with Anvil 30 ball head.

RRS is a pricey unit but when considering I might have $15000 worth of gear, rifle and optic on a hunt, not too bad of a value considering the quality of the RRS setup. Tri pod is lite, stiff, and fast to set up. The VYCE is of high quality and securely fits all my rifle and attaches in seconds.

Leophoto. Heavy duty I run it on my NV rig for hogs in our crop fields.
20180427_221555.jpg

I was looking to lighten my current tripod (aluminum manfrotto 190xl) and did quite the search.
I ended up with the Slik 634 and am very happy. It's extremely light and probably more stable then the old aluminum. I'm using the razor 85 and it handles with ease.
I also was looking for a lighter fluid head to handle large scopes and purchased the Venro S2, at barely 1 lb it is light. However, it was too jerky for me so I ended up putting the old manfrotto 128rc on the Slik.
Overall, this saved me about 3lbs total. Purchased the Slik from S&Sarchery as a demo unit for like 30$ offGive them a look:
https://sandsarchery.com/collections/lightweight-tripods

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.