Tripod head for spotter

MOA

I have a Bogen 3205G tripod and now I need a head for it. I noticed that premiere reticles sells the bogen 3265 head. This is a joystick head, and I cannot imagine it panning very well. Can someone suggest a bogen (or other quality brand) tripod for use with my Leupold spotter. What are you guys using as a triod-head combo? I was considering the 3130G video head instead for its smooth panning.

Hello

You need ANY one of the Bogans that swivel 4 ways. Up, down, left and right by use of the handle.

I use the Sampson brand tripods which are much more heavy duty then the Bogan but, also have Bogans too.

Later
DC

I use the Gitzo 1410 and a Kirk BH-1 ball head http://www.kirkphoto.com/ the Kirk ball heads are the best I have seen. I have used the bogen 3265 and think it will not support a spotting scope stable enough on the higher power. Some of the other bogen heads are stronger and will stabilize your spoting scope better.

Crow Mag

MOA,

You may want to try outdoorsmans.com for a variety of tripod heads. I use one of their own pods and mounts for my Swarovski scope and Doctor Optik binocular.

Good Luck

Verrocchio

Tim

Check your Email.

That fellows phone number you wanted has been sent to you.

See you at the next match and keep banging those hogs with the 338/378 and the 300 gr bullets out past 1350 yards.

Later
DC
grin.gif
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.