Tripod carrying

WestSoDakThwack

Last winter i started using a tripod instead of the old stand by bipod on my coyote rifles. I love it for the most part but it is a hassle to carry or pack it around. Wondering if anyone has come up with a way to do it. Tried a few homemade things of my own but they didnt work out how I invisioned them. A certain pack you like or better yet some sort of sling solution?

I have a nightforce tripod that folds tightly into a convenient carry bag. Then it's just a matter of throwing another strap over your shoulder. I don't know how small your model gets when folded, but there must be a bag out there that would fit it.

Right now its a Carbon Bog Death Grip looking to upgrade but probably be awhile. The bog is on the bulky and heavy side even for the carbon fiber model. I suppose the bag a cheap camping chair comes in would probably work fine and i probably should have tried that already.

Fast and quiet setup is important to consider as well. Every year i swear I'm going to start packing less and I always end up packing more!

Right now its a Carbon Bog Death Grip looking to upgrade but probably be awhile. The bog is on the bulky and heavy side even for the carbon fiber model. I suppose the bag a cheap camping chair comes in would probably work fine and i probably should have tried that already.

Fast and quiet setup is important to consider as well. Every year i swear I'm going to start packing less and I always end up packing more!
Believe me, I understand. I'm in the same boat. I mainly use a few Swagger bipods these days. Having them bolted to my rifle means one less thing to carry, and even though they look you you tied your rifle to a single wide trailer, they work really well.

I use my kifaru gunbearer to carry my spotting scope and tripod when I'm the guy without a tag. Works really well for that.

I use the Primos Trigger Stick bi-pod which will double as a walking stick... They also have a tripod that will work the same way... They also have different attachment plates for gun rests, cameras, etc. What I like about it is it's lite weight, packable, and adjusts to any terrain when extended by pulling the trigger. Here's a link to their website https://www.primos.com/shooting-sti...gen3-tall-tripod-shooting-stick/PO-65815.html...

I use a regular-sized school/day pack. It holds my butt cushion, e-caller w/remote, face mask, gloves, small edibles. The top of the tripod & head stick out the top, but are secured by zipping the both sides together and then securing with small carabiner.

Last winter i started using a tripod instead of the old stand by bipod on my coyote rifles. I love it for the most part but it is a hassle to carry or pack it around. Wondering if anyone has come up with a way to do it. Tried a few homemade things of my own but they didnt work out how I invisioned them. A certain pack you like or better yet some sort of sling solution?
Several years ago I started using tripods for coyote setups and deer from ground blinds. I use the Armageddon Gear Tripod Scabbard (USMC issue) AG0110 @ $99.95 available is lengths to 32" ( Tom Fuller actually built a longer version to fit longer tripod/ball head combo.....Mod7 Hog Saddle; PIG0311-G Field Shooting Tripod; Ball Head GNN XB-52DL) and the Sniper Tripod Sling A0106 @ $64.95. Scabbard has Molle straps on rear to attach to ruck. Sling attached to the tripod goes into the scabbard. Use scabbard for humping gear to the range/field. Use sling between setups. Armageddon Gear is veteran owned by Tom Fuller. Makes great durable, field proven gear. Only change I would add to scabbard is a handle, as found on their Trojan rifle carrier, at balance point on front (opposite the Molle) to facilitate grabbing scabbard alone. Scabbard designed, manufactured for USMC doesn't require this, but I would find it very convenient for certain field scenarios. I actually added one to the special length scabbard.

Check out Tom's video on the Armageddongear.com sight for their Beer Bivy......hilarious!!! "Keeps your beer colder than your Mother-in-law's heart..."

Last edited:
Check out snipe pod. I've used one for years. Extremely light weight and folds like tent poles in to a convenient belt pouch. My only gripe about them is they re-designed the mount which stays attached to the rifle. The old style is no longer available. Now I have to switch out the mount should I decide to use a different rifle. Eventually, I'll break down and buy the new style... www.kramerdesignscorp.com

I do a lot of walk around shooting and need to set up quickly. Due to a dislike for pods I make a front rest from a canvas bag similar to the army gas mask bags. Then fill with a single piece of non crosslinked polyethylene cut stair shaped. The rifle forend can be moved up a stair for elevation while keeping the heel of the but on the ground.. The bag also carries cartridges, knife and hand wipe.. The down side is long grass. I also use non painted and no gel coated carbon stocks and think fancy wood and paint a waste of money in a field rifle.