Tripod accuracy

rafterfp

Thinking of trying out a tripod and a saddle, curious about accuracy potential at distance?

0-300 standing
300-600/700 sitting

Definitely takes a little practice with whatever system you decide on, but they are worth it. I personally use a hog saddle.

It's another arrow in your quiver for LRH. While prone is arguably the best for LRH, it is not always possible. Sometimes the grasses/undergrowth is so tall that you cannot get above it with a bipod. The next best alternative is a tripod with some sort of shooting platform. I carry a carbon tripod with a head rated for 20 lbs to handle the weight of my rifle with subsequent recoil. I use the pig saddle (son of the hog saddle). I found that it helps to have some kind of support underneath your shootingarm, so I carry a 20" sport bag with rolled up bubble wrap for that purpose.

Shooting standing it sure makes a difference :cool:
A4A48DBB-11C3-473D-8A67-F3F6CD9B1BF8.jpeg

90A92036-14DA-49FB-A6CA-32AEDAADA3CB.jpeg

It is a great tool to have. She (12 yo) just took this buck at about 240 yards kneeling on tripod. Doubt I would have let her attempt without a tripod as we can't prone out from that particular.
F54F49C0-FC1F-406D-B045-DF5DD30C8F6E.jpeg

we usually carry a triggerstick bipod or tripod to put under the buttstock when we use a front tripod with saddle

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.