Triple X -help

First please help us with what kind of rifle you have, ie: action make and model, barrel type, legnth and twist. Then we can better help you in your quest

I am sorry for not including the name of the rifle,
It is Remington M700 BDL, 22' bbl and twist is 10.
This is my bear and moose rifle and I am interested with the new Barnes bullet. Till noe I have used TBBC/180-grain in .30-06

Hi again,

According to the barnes manual, IMR starting loads for 4064 is 43.5 @2491 fps MAX is 47.5 @ 2720

IMR 4320 starting is 44.0 @2421 MAX is 48.0 @ 2641 fps.

If you wish to use an H powder try H4350 starting at 50.5 @2532 and MAX @ 54.5 @2733 fps.

Remember, these are book listings, I would start even lower. For your 22" tube probably the IMR powders would do best. For less temprature sensitive powders, try the H powders.

Also 200 primer will do fine. If hunting in extreme cold, maybe give the 250's a try.

Good luck

We have been shooting the 168 Triple Shocks for several months now in .308 Win. rifles and obtaining excellent accuracy and performance on deer. Have had several 500+ kills and farthest of 710 yards on mule does.

Found that you can go slightly higher with Varget than the accuracy load for the XLC's.

Only problem to date is holding the bullet in place, we are compressing the charge significantly and the compressed powder "pressure" is pushing the bullet outward - O.L.'s go to hell, ammo will not fit into mag well, but shoots like a charm. Going to play with a slight crimp or different sizing die to try to get a bit more grasp on the bullet.

All brass was full sized, but not enough neck tension to hold the bullet in place.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.