Trimming 300 wsm brass

K-HILL

Resized the brass then measured. Findings were that the brass needed trimmed . Using RCBS trim pro and proper shell holder, so found some of the cases extremely hard to get into shell holder . Never had this problem . Any help would be greatly helpful .
Thanks

Been there and done that. Glad to help you.
If you are using a standard H&H Belted case, NO. 4 RCBS shell holder it is not an exact fit for the 300 WSM case. RCBS lists a shell holder for the WSM Series of cases as RCBS Shell holder NO. 43. I had a RCBS No. 4 and started loading 300 WSM with it. Next 100 pack of cases I got would not fit. Got to investigating and ended up ordering a NO. 43, Problem solved. I just went and got my shell holders and measured them. My RCBS No. 4 opening is .468 My RCBS- NO. 43 opening is .480. That .012 difference is the problem.
Good Luck and happy loading.

I've had that problem too with one specific batch of winchester brass. Somehow the cases were manufactured with rims that were too thick to slide into the shell holder.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.