Trimmers?

zr600

ok I need a new trimmer. How is the basic rcbs trimmer? I currently have the Lyman accutrimer it's the simple black one but it's just a pain to adjust to different lengths. How is the other Lyman trimmer the orange one mine is the black one or is there some different one I should consider?

My only suggestion would be to buy a motorized one The manual ones work well except with the hand crank you can apply uneven forces to the tool and trim lengths can be slightly different.

Don't get a regular one and use a cordless drill on it because the same thing will happen. Get one that has its own motor and a leaver to apply tension. I like the spring tension system on this one because it takes the human factor/error out of trimming cases.

For extremely accurate loading, consistency is the name of the game.

Just a suggestion/recommendation

J E CUSTOM

Another trimmer as an option is the Redding 2400 Match. It turns the case instead of the more normal turning of the cutter. If you were using a lathe the case would be turning not the cutter. It also has micrometer adjustment for length.

I had a RCBS and hated it. Got a L.E. Wilson and love it. Im sure there are alot of good ones out there, but the Wilson is a huge step up from the RCBS IMO.

inconsistent lengths due to the way it holds the case. I had the RCBS that you tighten the case holder down onto the case head.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.