Trimmer Needs

lobo56

Would it be best to just go ahead and order a Giraud or something like these? Thoughts on each please. I like the ability for auto turning, but don't want to end up buying several over time to get the one that will meet my needs.

I have considered the WFT also.

HELP TIA

How is the Wilson when you have a large amount of brass to trim? I can understand if I was just using for precision loads, that the Wilson would suffice, but I am looking at 1K or more.

How is the Wilson when you have a large amount of brass to trim? I can understand if I was just using for precision loads, that the Wilson would suffice, but I am looking at 1K or more.

If you gotta do 1k+ cases the the Giraud Power trimmer is the way to go IMO....as far as precision goes, mine will easily stay within .001 if my shoulder bump is consistent across the board.

If I had to give up my Giraud I'd probably quit Fclass.

I have the drill attachment for the Wilson and I can rip through them pretty fast I guess. My gripe right now is that none of the retailers have the case holder for 300PRC in their inventory and I need one of those. You kind of need to apply some downward pressure to the case holder to make sure it's square to the blade, and you've got to put some pressure either on the hand crank or the drill to make sure you're cutting it till it bottoms out. All in all I do not think I would want to sit down and do 1000 cases in a sitting. I think my hands would be pretty sore. I did 100 the other night, maybe took 1/2 hour or so...

They come out identical in length and I don't have the micrometer adjustment.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.