Trijicon scope?

vino

I've been looking at alot of scopes to put on a Sendero 300 win.
I thought I had my mind made up on one until a gun shop suggest a trijicon 5x20x50 .
I really like the fiber optic. And the field of view and the clarity. To my eyes it's as good or better than swavorskis and zeiss.
And I have found no bad reviews on it only good.
So what's the experts suggestions .
Will it work for bench shooting and Mabey long range hunting?

I'm a long way from an expert but I do have a Trijicon 5-20x50 on top of my Steyr long(ish) range rifle. I like it for the price. It tracks perfect and I love the red triangle post I ordered. with that said I think the Swaro, Zeiss and Leupold Mark 6 have better glass.

For a scope at the 1k mark it's a winner in my book.

FWIW, Last Muley season my 13 year old son doped my scope while I held on my buck, One shot kill at 567 yards and yesterday my youngest boy (12 yrs) was shooting my Steyr with the Trijocon at 500 meters, Wacking the gong no problem.

Thanks for your reply. Maybe my eyes are funny. I thought it has better eye relief than lep! And more field of view. But I have not seen a VX4 or 6 yet . And for 1800 less than swavorskis I could not tell a difference in glass to make up for the cost.
Keep in mind I am new to this and it will be the most I can ever spend on a scope.
My last best scope that I could afford was my Burris black diamond 2.5x12x50.
Realy good hunting scope imo. But I would like more power for longer shots.
I'm not set on this scope but 1000 to 1200$ is my max range in price.
It will be nice in low light conditions and legal for hunting in idaho . I thought that battery powered scopes are forbidden here?

I had one that I bought to go on my 280AI, after mounting it and shooting it a few times I came to the conclusion that for precision shooting me the post reticle was not for me and have since replaced the scope with a plex reticle. with that being said I did keep the scope and put it on my DPMS LR308 and for hog hunting and follow up shots and moving target acquisition it can't be beat! My $0.02

jrg

Thanks for your input.
I'm new to this and don't understand alot. Of the different reticles.
The one I'm looking g at has the mill dot with dots up and across the cross hairs??
Is this good or bad?

Great glass and from what I've heard they track great. I'll put one on a rifle one day. The only drawback I've found is the long range reticle is mil dot and the scope adjustments are in moa. Also they don't have a ton of adjustment. Not a huge deal but depending on caliber you will most likely need a 20moa or more rail.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts