Trijicon ACOG 1.5x16 or 24 or AIMPOINT? other?

etisll40

I'm looking to getting an ACOG, HOG Hunting, deer, coyote, woods, under 100 yards typically I'd guess. Using an AR 10 and 15 or 20 guage shotgun too. Maybe an aimpoint. Which would be more desirable, has anyone had actual experience with these for this purpose. I'd guess open sites is a consideration but I'd prefer an optic. Suggestions, experience preferred, I like buying quality.

Thanks

I have an aim point eotech and a few other scopes for that purpose. But my favorite is the Burris m tac 1x4. I usually hate Burris to but this scope does what the eotech and aim point are good at. Short range easy target acquisition, but also offers some Magnification. I have mine on a 458 socom and it has worked flawless.

I can check Burris out, there's a shop local that I believe has one on display. I'm looking at the Aimpoint now, maybe the 34s. Seems like it would last.

Aim point will last that is for sure. I actually went to buy an aim point and magnifier but happed to see the Burris. The guy was nice enough to mount eotech and aim point and m-tac on different guns so I could do a side buy side comparison. In like the 4x and had just as big a field of view.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.