TRIJICON AccuPoint?

Michigan Chris

Hello All, Looking to upgrade from my PST 6-24x50 ( TOO LONG for ME!!!) for a new 6.5 SAUM build comming soon. I am currently looking very hard at the ( TR23-2: AccuPoint® 5-20x50 Riflescope MIL-Dot Crosshair ) First and foremost- HUNTER , weekend Warrior and shoot steel to 6/7/800 on the farm. Once the recipe is worked up I would like a dial system to range and shoot, easy peasy lemon squeezy!!!! Anyone have experience with TRIJICON? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PS - I stand up like a M$%*&R F*$^%R for the National Anthem!!!!!! No questions/No doubt! Always have and always will!

I had one of those scopes. I really liked it. I had it on a rem700 in a KRG chassis in 260. It had accurate and repeatable adjustments, clear glass, and really liked the lighted reticle. The only real down side I had with it was MOA adjustment and mil reticle. I tend to think in MOA so reticles like Nightforce MOAR work best for me.

It also has less total adjustment range than most similar scopes so you need some MOA built into your RING/bases to get to 1k.

Thanks , so what are you using now for a scope? I am considering another Vortex but can purchase the Trijicon for 8 and some change? Is it worth it or should I look in another direction ?

Best regards

I'm running mostly leupold on my hunting rifles and Nightforce on my long range rifles. The PST used to be s great scope for the money but lately they haven't been tracking as well as they used to. My buddy teaches a long range prediction rifle course and remarked that over the last few years the PST have really been back sliding in consistent adjustments. The Burris XTR II. Have really been performing much better in a similar price point.

Chris, I did some research on Trijicon scopes since I have one from a rifle deal. I had it for sale, but after a PM from a more knowledgable member I removed it from the classifieds. Seems the tritium in these scopes has a 10-12 year life and sending them to have tritium recharges is in the $100's. I'm giving my Trijicon to my grandson and feel relieved I didn't sell it to a member of this forum. Research this online yourself for more info.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.