Triggertech primary or timney elite hunter

i Own both TT and Timney triggers (and a bunch of others as well). My preference is based on application. I'll go with TT when I want to use it a high speed environment (3 gun) or low drag (precision shooting). However, I like the Timney for hunting because it's an exceptionally robust trigger...

I've been selling and installing only the Triggertech triggers for 2 years now and up until last week hadn't had any issues. Just finished a customers 300PRC built on a Rem700 action using a Proof S/L 24" barrel. Upon installation of the requested Triggertech Special trigger it was found that it would intermittently fire upon bolt closing. I replaced this with a 2nd TT Special and it worked fine in the shop without issue. Upon taking it to the range it was a different and scary story. It was taken back in and the trigger replaced using one of the customer's Timneys, I even swapped out the firing pin assembly without any change. I've contacted Triggertech and they've authorized returning for replacement but also have not given me any idea of the cause. I use these triggers on several of my own rifles and love them, but they'll have to get this issue corrected and explained to me before I can feel right about selling them to my customers. I know "BIGNGREEN" has had similar problems.

For hunting, I personally like the wide trigger shoe. I like to be able to adjust sear engagement if I need to. I can have all of that with the timney and if I shop long enough, I can usually find a timney for a really good price.

I've been using the Bix & Andy Tac Sport and really like them. I have Jewells on most of my varmint rifles but put the Bix & Andy on everything else.