Triggers

Going Long

I've recently purchased a Remington Sendero SFII in the 7mm Rem Mag.. I've topped it with a Huskemaw scope and a do-it-yourself bedding job on the recoil lug. I've also done a 20 shot barrel break in. I am now at the point where I really need to get a good trigger installed. I'd like to have it set at 2.5-2.75lbs. What brands/models do you recommend for the Sendero?

Sorry, been reading too much stuff about AR's lately...I would suggest a Jewell as well for the Rem 700, although as MHO said, both are very good and an upgrade over the stock trigger.

Timney, Jewell, Rifle Basix, Shilen, older style factory 700 triggers (pre X-mark) tuned right, will all be better than the piece of crap X-Mark Pro trigger.

If you want to replace it, I'd try a Timney. However, my best trigger is the stock Remington trigger on my Sendero that was tuned by a gunsmith, and it cost half the price of a Timney.

Just something to think about.

You cant go wrong with either one, Timney or Jewell.

I agree, have both and like both. My Jewell is really light, and I'm not sure how high it can be adjusted. The Timney is probably right in your sweet spot out of the box...

i have 4 shilen ; one jewell. you will like either. they feel different though. jewell is easier to install too.

The Timney has a very wide trigger pad, some guys hate it, others don't care.

I bought a Timney and hated the wide pad. I never fired it and called Timney. They said send it in and include $7.50 for shipping. They put a factory width pad in, reset it to 2.5 pounds and sent it back. Great service...

I've got a Rifle Basix that I got on sale from Midway on a 5R that I really like. It's extremely consistent, and I like the pad width on my finger.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.