Triggers: which one to get started?

Jewell triggers need to be clean and lubricated with dry lube so they work no matter what. I have 6 Jewell's on my guns (3 Rem's, 3 Win's), Molly or graphite works on them better than anything else. Never have failed on me and they are very good to me.

I never tried moly or graphite on triggers just on firing pins and springs interesting .

I may be an odd duck but I love a good two stage trigger when I can have one. I run Bix-n Andy on my comp guns and love them. They are made to run dry but I hear they do not like dust. Look up Bullet Central. Great company and they are full of help when needed. I also run Banjar and Kiplinger set triggers. Very hard to find now days. If anyone has one they don't need, PM me and I will buy it. LOL
Jim

I had given my son a new Savage 110 in 30-06 about 20 years ago. we worked up a load and he was good to go for buck season. Nasty cold opening morning, his Savage wouldn't go bang. Luckily we always bring a spare rifle, he took the spare rifle and shot a buck a day later. Before going home we went out on the porch and took a shot the gun fired perfectly and hit the point of aim. When I got home I called my gunsmith and asked him if I could bring it in. He told me to pull the bolt and soak it in a coffee can full of kerosene for a week, swirling it around from time to time. Then do the Naptha rinse and lube it LIGHTLY with a goooood gun oil. Never had that fail to fire problem again. He says from the factory they can get clogged with not so good quality oil that turns to sludge in cold weather. Just food for thought.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.