Triggers - JEWELL or Trigger Tech "DIAMOND"

I have Jewel, Bix'n Andy, and Flavio Fare' triggers; my scores are no different between the three. This past weekend I dry fired a Trigger Tech (4oz on the TT). The creep is less and break very clean/repeatable on the Bix, FF and TT...splitting hairs. On the TT the overtravel can be set to near zero. Although I have several of the Bix and FF's my F-class rifles wear Jewels because they have NEVER failed me during a match; the two Euro triggers WILL have hang fire/no fire when dirty and we shoot in some dusty conditions. The Jewels don't mind being a little dirt and they are $175. My fellow competitor that shoots a TT says his has never failed either. He does use them on his hunting guns and sees no reason to ever change. I understand customer service is also excellent. I would go TT or Jewel...either way you will have an excellent trigger.

I did not read all the posts and my opinion is just that. I used to use Jewell exclusively. do not own one today. Great product, but if you have ever monitored them, you would understand what I am saying, easy to clog, and degrade.
I have had TT diamond, but still revert back to Calvin Elite's. When you go so far, returns need to be realized. I do not miss or hit based off trigger choice. In todays information super highway, we tend to follow advice from people we have no clue of. Not always sound.
Only thing I recommend to use the same on all rifles, TT, Jewell, or another.
Now if you shoot benchrest, now you depend on the trigger, and you will baby what you own.
I do not think most of us on this forum can shoot the difference of any of the 3 triggers I mentioned. We win by practicing and becoming efficient, not by winning the gear race. Then again, we don't really win by being the richest person person buried in that cemetery either.

Last edited:
I have TT, Jewell and Calvin elite on hunting rifles all @ 1lb and I like them all. I was and still am a Jewell fan just tried the other two on last two builds. If buying one today I would probably buy another TT.

Not to high jack the thread, but what is the real difference between Jewell, TT and for that matter Bix n Andy? I have a Jewell, set at 1lb and break's clean, is it the how low you can adjust them, can you feel a difference? I am just curious since I have only had a Jewell to work with.

I have TT diamond, Jewell, and Timney triggers on several rifles and they all work well. For under 1 lb the TT is more consistent. For 1 lb and higher the Jewell is outstanding and for over 1 1/2 lbs the Timney works great. The pull of a Jewell trigger is butter smooth and brakes cleanly; I might even describe it as a very small amount of unpredictability as it releases even though the measured pull is spot-on. The TT has a very crisp/clean brake and with the Timney I feel like I have a little more control over the well defined brake point for hunting situations. I know these are very subjective and somewhat abstract descriptions but you just have to try them. I think the TT is timed better for my Terminus action so that one stays on the PRS build (used Jewell on my old 700 action) and I think Timney is great for hunting rifles. I have never had any of these triggers fail and the Jewell fired thousands of rounds.

My Jewell was perfect first shot. The TT took some time to break in to have the same clean, consistent break the Jewell did first shot. now that I have 200+ pulls on the TT, I can't tell them apart!!

Recent Posts