Triggers - JEWELL or Trigger Tech "DIAMOND"

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Probably will get a lot of opions on this one, but would like only members that actually have used both triggers to make comments. If you have used both the JEWELL Triggers and the TRIGGER TECH "Diamond" please give your pros and cons along which one you like best.

I'll chime in. I used to be Jewell or nothing. They were the bar for a while. Then I tried a Diamond, and I just liked it. I didn't think I would- the Jewell seems to have more follow through after the break, if that makes sense. The Diamond breaks and that's it. But it's flawless.

That said, the last couple of customs I have built when I needed a new trigger and didn't reuse a Jewell I had laying around, I went with a Trigger Tech Special- my smith gets a good price on them and for hunting rifles where I don't actually want single digit-ounce weight on the pull, it was perfect...for me, that is.

Can't go wrong with either, though.

Last edited:
I have shot a bunch of Jewell triggers, easily 500+ rounds behind them. I have never been in love with them. They are just not for me.
TT Diamonds, I own 4 of them. GREAT triggers. I love them. I run mine at about 6oz.
I also own 4 Timney Calvin Elites. Again, great triggers. I run them at 8oz.
Bix N Andy Tac Sport Pro are the new line I am now buying, 3 and counting. Even better than the TT Diamond in my opinion. Similarly priced, maybe even a touch less expensive. But not cheaper. I run them between 4-5oz.

I have run Jewell, TriggerTech Diamond both single and the new two stage. TriggerTech no question and I like the two stage flat trigger best. All the TriggerTech break the same way, just weight determining the model. Sub 1 lb you want the diamond. I'd you don't need the lower weight save your money as they all break the same.

To me, you're splitting hairs. I have jewel, trigger tech, timney Calvin elite. I like them all and really can't tell a difference. All set right at 1.5 lbs.
Thanks for your service. I won't hold it qgainst you that you were in the Army. I live in Social Circle, GA. Will be driving through Macon Sunday morning to make a primer/powder trade in Tifton, GA. Do you need anything"
Thanks
Len
Semper Fi!
OORAH!

yep....I have a jewel, a trigger tech, and a calvin elite as well. I can't tell you how they do under 1.5 but they all do a really good job. I will say that I can get the over travel on the jewel a little better, but that depends on what you like.....I like as little as possible.....I'll give that to the jewel. They all break really nice. I like the jewel and trigger tech better than the calvin elite. I just can't get the calvin perfect, that could just be me though.....the trigger tech is the easiest to set up imo.

I have both. I like them both, had assumed I'd switch out the Jewels if I liked the TT better, but didn't find the need. All set at 2lbs, but going to try bumping the trigger pull up on the TT this season, they really do feel like a lighter pull. I wouldn't waste your money on a Diamond unless you typically set your triggers below 1lb.

I have both. I like them both, had assumed I'd switch out the Jewels if I liked the TT better, but didn't find the need. All set at 2lbs, but going to try bumping the trigger pull up on the TT this season, they really do feel like a lighter pull. I wouldn't waste your money on a Diamond unless you typically set your triggers below 1lb.
I'll second this - my TriggerTech feel ~1/2 lb lighter than they measure.

I have both a Trigger Tech Diamond and a Jewell on two PRS guns. Both are set the same 12 ounces by my gauge.
The Trigger Tech ( 700 rounds) is a standard curve shoe on a Kelbly Atlas Action. The Jewell (3200 rounds) is on a Stiller Tac 30.
The Jewell feels lighter and breaks cleaner to me, however that may be a result of the action as much as the trigger.

I use Jewell and like them. I have quite a few friends in PRS that all shoot TT and tell me that Jewell doesn't work well in dusty conditions. Not sure I agree with that.I think their decesion was based on price and "the crowd all having the same thing". I don't want to take anything away from TT and not sure if everyone I know were running the TT Diamond. I was really leaning towards TT Diamond, but I researched the B&A two stage and from the technical information I reviewed I am "Smittened" and will try to get one as soon as I can. I just need to check with some of my contacts in the industry to see if I can get a dealer price on one of them. I think, if you could afford the B&A, or, not, you will end up with one.

This is a good read.

The rollers they use are why they tolerate the dust/moisture/freezing/etc. so much better.

I haven't tried a Bix'n Andy but I suspect their ball system accomplishes the same (ish) thing as the TriggerTech roller. I would be interested in giving them a try.

Last edited:
Diamond was better initially but after 300 rounds now I really can't tell the difference. I like the adjustment on diamond better. I run 8 oz trigger.
That said Im putting a Bix n Andy two stage on my current build to see how I like it. I like a light trigger and maybe the 2 stage will let me have one safely on a hunting rifle?