Triggers for Rem.700s

Dskiper

Hey smiths&shooters, whats your thoughts on Shilen,Rifle Basix,Timney or Jard triggers for a custom 700 hunting rifle. All my guns have reworked old style Rem. triggers except a newer gun I'd like to change. Whats the better make,I like a 2lb.pull. Thanks, Dskiper

Hey smiths&shooters, whats your thoughts on Shilen,Rifle Basix,Timney or Jard triggers for a custom 700 hunting rifle. All my guns have reworked old style Rem. triggers except a newer gun I'd like to change. Whats the better make,I like a 2lb.pull. Thanks, Dskiper

I have had good luck with the Shilen,Timney and the jewell.

In my opinion they are in the order of cost and excellence.

Shilens require no stock work (They are basically a Remington's size).

The timney has an aluminum body and is thicker and may require a little inleting
in the trigger area.

The jewell is the best and has to be inleted in most stocks because of the design. the safety
has a link that moves forward of the trigger body and has to be dealt with but is well worth
the effort.

The model HVR has 4 weight ranges and the one I like is the HVR C 1.5 to 3 pounds with
spring C.

Hope this helps

J E CUSTOM

Go with the Jewell. I have had my stock Rem. triggers reworked by gunsmiths and by myself and have had good results, but NOTHING compares to the Jewell I just installed. Now I have to buy more!

Dennis,

I've used em' all and for what you'll spend on some other after market triggers, spend a couple bucks more and get the best, go with a jewel. Larry Scott has the best $$$ I know of.

Jewell is all I use. Have at least 30 of them incuding "hot spares" for my 1oz competition ones.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.