Trigger Tech vs Timney Trigger

I have 2 TriggerTech's and 1 Timney . Like both but really like the TT's. Have one at 2.5 pds. For hunting. Other 1.5 pds for mostly target. If I buy another trigger , right now I'd go with another TT. Glad you did. Think you will like it.
What you using Ol'Red ?

Trigger Tech all the way. Had a Timney on a custom rifle the company gunsmith had adjusted it for a 2.5 lbs release no overtravel after a couple of range sessions the trigger hung up. It only took a 1/4 turn on the overtravel screw to get things working properly. I have used Timney triggers for years, I now use Trigger tech. Oh, on the rifle mentioned above, it now has a Trigger Tech on it.

The trigger that is in the gun is one of the Lawyered Up Triggers, tried to dial it in, waste of time.

I ordered a Trigger Tech this morning, got to be better than a trigger with Lawyer written all over it.

Thanks for the input guys. Love this sight.
Just to add another vote, Randy: My new 6.5 PRC from Gunwerks carries a Trigger Tech, and I love it. Once I get the crosshairs on target, I lay my finger on the trigger and barely squeeze.......BOOM.

I prefer the Trigger Tech far and above all other brand triggers. It's not even close and this is on instrumented testing. Bix'n Andy is now second place. All others mentioned would not be missed if they all disappeared. Trigger Tech was recently adopted on Weatherby Mark 5 rifles.

The lower the pull weight the more the difference is apparent. I really like the one ounce per click feature. It's just quality in every way at a lot less than what the others are asking. So cheaper and better! Capitalism at it's finest.

I prefer the Trigger Tech far and above all other brand triggers. It's not even close and this is on instrumented testing. Bix'n Andy is now second place. All others mentioned would not be missed if they all disappeared. Trigger Tech was recently adopted on Weatherby Mark 5 rifles.

The lower the pull weight the more the difference is apparent. I really like the one ounce per click feature. It's just quality in every way at a lot less than what the others are asking. So cheaper and better! Capitalism at it's finest.
They are on Christianson Arms rifles also I guess . One on my Ridgeline .

Hi guys & girls

Trigger Tech all the way, their entry level trigger breaks crisp, no creep, no drama. I'll not use anything else untill the competition steps their game up.

unfortunately the old main players have been caught sleeping and are loosing market share quickley.

Upgrade to a special for your hunting rig and you will be happy with it until you can't squeeze it anymore.

no BS.

MM

My Ridgeline came with one also, perfect design. I was impressed, right up there with Jewell's that cost 3 times as much.
I got my Ridgeline down to 2.5 pds.. Perfect for hunting for me. I put a trigger tech in my Rem. 700 also. Had Timney in it forever. I liked it but like TT a little better.

Helping a buddy set up a Rem Sendero that is in serious need of a trigger.

Looking at Trigger Tech and Timney Triggers.

I have zero experience with the Trigger Tech, limited experience with Timney.

Any comments of on either?
I've got Trigger Tech, Jewell, and Timney. I tried a weight experiment with all 3 companies! Before you chew my a_s out most of my triggers are between 2 pounds and 1pound, yes on hunting rifles.
I tested Jewell on a Stiller Predator action never adjusted it broke at 15.1-15.5 ounces over 5 trigger pulls and functioned perfect with no sear misses.
Trigger Tech Special on Tuebor Ti Legion action broke 1.3-1.0 pounds over 5 pulls With 100 percent reliability.
Trigger Techs on standard Remington 700 actions 3 different rifles all short actions the extreme spread was an average of 5 ounces all in the 1.5 pound range. 100 percent reliable.
Timney triggers on 2 Remington standard actions. Ranged from 1.0-1.9 and only 50 percent reliability. Sear misses at least 50% of the time, a couple dry fires on closed bolts while resetting scale. Failed drop test every time. I drop firearm from half way to my knee onto floor on its butt pad. Timneys will be increased.
This is not a scientific test by any means but it should give you an idea! I personally absolutely love the Trigger Techs on all firearms but the Jewel did outperform them but at twice the cost.
My scale used was a Wheeler Engineering digital scale.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.