trigger pull

What trigger pull is recomended for my remington 700 , 300rum.

Steady and smooth:D:D

I like a 2lb trigger on a general purpose rifle. That is a bit lighter than most like; I like a 1lb on a special purpose longrange rifle (which is WAY lighter than most are used to).

I've always tended toward lighter trigger pulls on all my firearms (shotguns, pistols, competition stuff etc.).

AJ

Steady and smooth:D:D

I like a 2lb trigger on a general purpose rifle. That is a bit lighter than most like; I like a 1lb on a special purpose longrange rifle (which is WAY lighter than most are used to).

I've always tended toward lighter trigger pulls on all my firearms (shotguns, pistols, competition stuff etc.).

AJ

Good advice!!!!!!

All you want is for the trigger to be light enough to supprise you when shooting without
anticipating it.

For a hunting rifle 2 to 2.5lbs is about the minimum safe weight for hunting.

Under controled conditions less is ok but you can't touch the trigger untill you are
ready to shoot.

Be carefull and don't adjust the sear and be sure and test the rifle by bumping the
but on the floor and set the safety on,pull the trigger and then flip the safety off
with a good snap to see if it will fire BEFORE YOU LOAD IT.

You probably all ready know and do all of this but it doesen't hurt to mention it.

J E CUSTOM

Closing the bolt SMARTLY as described in your owners manual & actuating the safety after cleaning & adjusting a pre 2006 OEM 40X/700 trigger assembly is the preferred method.
Do not rely on the safety,as it is mechanical-the trigger actuator employs all safety aspects of a firearm.

My match rifle trigger groups are adjusted in ounces & hunting rifle triggers are adjusted to 2 pounds.

1 or 1.5 pounds suits me well on a field rifle. But I put 15,000 rounds a year through a 2lb trigger pistol shooting USPSA and needing every trigger break to be right on. If you can break a trigger without disturbing the sights shooting .25 second splits then breaking a trigger smoothly and slowly on a rifle gets much easier.

The most important thing is not the weight. A crisp "glass rod" break makes it much easier to get the shot to surprise you.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts