Trigger magazine: 25 creedmoor - ultimate hybrid or ballistic bastard?

I'm running my 25 from a 26" m24 contour 3 groove Lilja. I used a Redding 6.5 creed body bushing die with a .283 bushing for the initial size, then expanded with a lee collet 2506 for screwed way out. The collet die has a .255 center rod with a nice smooth taper that works as my mandrel. I have a Sinclair mandrel expander, but it's .257, and I wanted a bit more tension

I'm running my 25 from a 26" m24 contour 3 groove Lilja. I used a Redding 6.5 creed body bushing die with a .283 bushing for the initial size, then expanded with a lee collet 2506 for screwed way out. The collet die has a .255 center rod with a nice smooth taper that works as my mandrel. I have a Sinclair mandrel expander, but it's .257, and I wanted a bit more tension
Interesting, hmm?! So you could almost make a 257 Roberts collet die work, for that matter?
I took my 6.5 Creedmoor collet apart, real quick, to take a look see.

Interesting, hmm?! So you could almost make a 257 Roberts collet die work, for that matter?
I took my 6.5 Creedmoor collet apart, real quick, to take a look see.
I've modified Lee Collet Neck dies a few times...a lot of work!!
It's definitely worth the $75 to let Lee make you a LCNS die and seater.

Since the collet is the only part working, the 257 Rob might very well work. I only use the 2506 collet for the center rod, as a final mandrel size.
Oh yes, I don't doubt it. But to make a 6.5 CM LCND to work in 25 cal correctly is a PITA.
I modified a 7mmRM to 264WM , 300wsm to 358 Grant and 270wsm to 6.5wsm successfully but it's not worth the effort...next time I'll just have Lee custom build the next CND that they do not make in production.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.