Trigger Job making gun fire

1denogean

I have had my 300wm for a while now and it had a trigger job done to it when i bought it. i have had it for 3 years now and twice this week while shooting it fired (had never done this before) while i loaded it. at first i made sure my hands were away from the trigger then it did it again yesterday. it only seems to fire when i close the bolt really super fast. does anyone know what i can do to fix this? all input is helpful there is some very knowledgable people on here

thanks

take it to a COMPETENT gunsmith. A lot of "trigger jobs" are done by hacks who don't have a clue what to do.

sear engagement?
pull weight to low?
broken sear?
lost trigger spring?

could be anything

Seems to me several are jumping to blame the guy that may or may not have "messed" up the original trigger job. The op did say he has had the gun for three years, right? After three years of shooting, it starts to malfunction? Guns need maintenance annually, at the least, and maybe something inside has worn out or come loose.

Not trying to argue, and don't want angry replies. The advice given was correct - take it to a gunsmith and have it looked at.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.