TRG-S or SENDERO

dbhostler

Looking for opinions, want to make the jump to .338. What would be the best for long range hunting/shooting, Sako TRG-S in 338 Lapua Mag or a Rem Sendero in .338 RUM. Both are about the same price.
grin.gif

db

George Gardner at G A Precision had a custom TRG single shot in 338 Lapua for sale a week or two ago. It was at a good price and I've never seen one of his rifles that would not stack bullets. Mike

Dbhostler, let me know how that rifle works out if you get that one that Mike told you about. I'm just about ready to finish a .338 Lapua, I just need to get my barrel (Pac Nor with polygonal rifling 34") and go shooting. It is a Weatherby Mark V magnum action that I got from a .300 Wby I used to have, a Weatherby TRR Tactical Stock, a US Optics SN-9 3.8-22X58mm, Harris bipod, and a Tactical Intervention sling.

DB, as of the 30 Aug I believe this rifle was still available. It would be about the thriftiest way to get into a shootable 338LM. I've got a Gardner built 338LM and had another one I just traded off. Both are 1/2 MOA or better with 300 gr matchkings. His rifles are built to be soldier / cop / marine proof. Mike

[ 09-05-2003: Message edited by: mike464 ]

Thanks for your replies. Yes the Sako is still available. My only concern is with the scope mounts. I haven't had much luck with the Sako mount/ring combo in the past. What I need is a ring base combo that I can add about 20 MOA and a 30mm tube, like a Farrell base. Does the M995 action have a mounting system like the older Sakos?
db

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts