TRG 42 Trigger

DTRG42

Hi

Being used to a Jewel trigger, I must admit that hate the two stage trigger of the SAKO TRG 42(338 Lapua) - especially the fact that I cannot adjust it below 1kg.

Does anyone has an idea of how to adjust it safely to at least 1/2lbs or which alternative trigger I can buy?

Is there a way to take out the first stage completely?

Thanks

I have a Jewell at less than 1lb on a Rem 700. I also have Giessele's in ARs. I have two TRGs and much prefer the stock trigger in the TRG, especially for hunting use. (I used my 308 TRG last week to take a 5x5 elk at 400 yards.) It is a very clean break with little over travel. I actually prefer it for competition use as well at stock settings (I would guess around a 2.5lb pull), one AD and you are DQ'd or worse! I suggest you shoot a few hundred rounds through it and you may find that it is your new favorite. Everybody that has shot my rifle has shot their smallest 5 shot group, often with the first 5 shots!

Good luck,
TKAB

Hi

Being used to a Jewel trigger, I must admit that hate the two stage trigger of the SAKO TRG 42(338 Lapua) - especially the fact that I cannot adjust it below 1kg.

Does anyone has an idea of how to adjust it safely to at least 1/2lbs or which alternative trigger I can buy?

Is there a way to take out the first stage completely?

Thanks

Just back out the first stage screw. The one I had came from the factory with the first stage disengaged.

Good luck trying to find a better trigger than the TRG 42 trigger. I don't think they exist.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.