Tremors From San Antonio, Texas

Tremors

To start with I would discribe myself as a person who likes to Hunt and Fish. I enjoy all types of hunting. I am very limited here in Texas due not owning property and refuse to pay for a lease. Most of my hunting is done at Sam Houston National Forest.
I am 42 yrs old work alcoholic. I work as a counselor and find that shooting can be very therapeutic for me. I am hoping to learn more about long range shooting. The only experience I have for long range shooting was while in the Marine Corp. We shoot out to 500 yrds. I would like to be able to shoot twice that distance.

Welcome to Long Range Hunting.

I was told last year by a fella that lives in Texas that only 5% of the land in the state is public land and all of the rest was private which usually means ownership or leases. That would be a real bummer.

That fella was right. It was an agreement when the state of Texas became part of the United States the land would belong to the people of Texas and not the US government. So that means all the public lands had to be purchased back by the US government. No one wants to sell their land because they make money on deer leases or hunts. When you see people on TV hunting in Texas that would cost the ordinary person about 6500 dollars or more for a 2 to 3 day hunt.

Hello Tremors, I'm a new member from Floresville, Texas. About 30 miles south of San Antonio. I have access to 1000 yard range here in Floresville and me and some of my friends get together once a month to do some shooting at 1000 and also get together once a month in New Braunfels for 500 yard F-Class, it's alot of fun. Your are welcome to shoot with us anytime, drop me a PM if interested!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.