Tree Squirrel Rifles

Are this a hybrid squirrel? They look like reds on the bottom and greys on top.
I never thought of them as "hybrid" or cross breads but it is what I have here in southern Illinois, not like the fox squirrels I got as a boy northwest of here. These are small and fast. Definitely a challenge to hunt especially when you are going for head shots.

Few dad and I got over the weekend.
4D7ECDD6-E0ED-424C-9DB8-7159C5B6E6F4.jpeg

Couple Flies I shot while sighting in:
CAB8FB84-CDEC-486B-A83B-F34C0B10A59F.jpeg

435BA9F6-B906-489F-891D-55D551A40B8D.jpeg

And a few shot last year:
D0431EC5-5AF6-4454-83A5-9D124935AE60.jpeg

I always liked them cooked in water. Then sear them in frying pan with butter, mushrooms, peppers & sweet onion.
Yes! Par Boil first then put in a HOT cast iron skillet along with mushrooms, peppers, Georgia "Vidalia" Onions! Then have a side of carrots, turnips Potatoes and Collard Greens. (cabbage/spinach/Swiss chard) Italian seasoning, pepper, Lawyers Salt and some Cavender's.
Cover and let steam for a few minutes!

Got my savage mark ii out a few days ago and sat at the dining room table with the patio door open doing some "long range" squirrel snipering. Then my wife ruined the fun and told me I had to go outside! First time I tried out past 100 yards at squirrels with subsonic rounds. Took the first 10 shots or so to figure out hold over and hold for wind (I need a range finder next time) embarrassingly I missed more than I connected but they were far enough away that they didn't know they were being shot at. I learned a lot though.
FCE6D513-D863-4674-A4AE-9D164154236B.jpeg

Got my savage mark ii out a few days ago and sat at the dining room table with the patio door open doing some "long range" squirrel snipering. Then my wife ruined the fun and told me I had to go outside! First time I tried out past 100 yards at squirrels with subsonic rounds. Took the first 10 shots or so to figure out hold over and hold for wind (I need a range finder next time) embarrassingly I missed more than I connected but they were far enough away that they didn't know they were being shot at. I learned a lot though. View attachment 409046
Beautiful Rifle!!!

I should take some more picture, but already posted some. We have a pair of Red Tail Hawks living on our property and every squirrel we shoot; we leave on a big stump. Seems like within minutes of shooting a squirrel and placing on the stump they are gone.
Seems like the birds know what is going on from hearing the rifle shot.
When I hunted Chucks in NE PA right after we shot the Buzzards would come over to our area/field and land on the shot chucks for a meal.