Tree Squirrel Rifles

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20220322-150433.jpeg
    Resized_Screenshot_20220322-150433.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 104
I've using trees, rocks, branches, or anything can stabilizes my rifle from my late 20's. Standing and shooting is a fools game. I realize sometime it can't be helped. You can sit, or kneel and shoot if you know how too. From a blind I use a 3 legged shooting stick. If you hurry your shots, you will more than likely miss, and especially if there some yardages involved in the shot. I have learned better over the years. It's a lot of work to track a wounded animal. So don't take the shot.

Of all the rimfires I own. The 39a is the best fitting. It's a work of art imo. It's like it just can't miss.

I carry a Blackhawk axiom 10-22 tac sol sbx mouse fart daily around the house and property. I use it like a leatherman tool.

In the beginning for me, it was the old speed master. It would probably take 3 refer trucks to haul the game that old speed master has taken. I'm sorry. I don't have pics of my squirrel adventures to share.

Everybody on this forum is extremely good at shooting from a rest. But walking through the woods using only a tree for a rest requires real riflemanship! Extreme short range hunting is a challenge.
My hunting friend and I use TC Cherokee in ,32 cal black powder muzzleloaders for squirrels. Our spring season just opened this week.
And yes I do use a walking stick with a notch in the end of it to stabilize my shots.

In the process of building another squirrel rig, same Magpul stock but mostly power custom internals (the one pictured has mostly Volquartsen internals). That rifle has also taken a couple porcupines but not before they quilled my dog…..twice