Traveling with rifles?

I usually sleep inside my truck or camp right outside of it. If I had to stay in a hotel I'd bring everything of value in. Always try to keep it in view when I run into fuel stations or restaurants when all my gear is in there.

When traveling on hunting trips west or north, We always take a personal travel bag, Binoculars, Range finders, Ammo, Cameras, GPS, Chargers and our gun cases go in the room at night.

Going into Canada they run your license plate, And passport.
When you take firearms into Canada, Part of the cost is for them to run a USA FBI background check on you. When you fill out firearm papers they go to the computer and enter your info. I asked a customs officer about it, And laughed, The computer you are going to is FBI center 6 miles from my house. My hunting buddy laughed to, He works at the FBI center.

When going to Canada with firearms you can go to the Canadian Mounted Police web site and fill out and print the paper work to take firearms into Canada, (Make 3 copies), Do not sign it till you are in front of the Canada Customs Officers. They check the guns and you can go right through customs, Pay fee and on your way.

Being a retired certified police (Wildlife Officer) my vehicle registration has a flag for concealed carry firearm. When I went to Alaska in 2012 alone, I crossed the border in North Dakota. I opened the doors and went and set on a bench. Two officers searched my vehicle for about 45 minutes looking for a pistol. They found my ID/Retired Badge, Had a DNR brief case with my computer in it. They came and asked me about a pistol. I told them I left it between my mattress and springs at home. Not my first rodeo traveling into Canada. We talked a little shop and I was on my way.