Travel the US west coast in April?

[ QUOTE ]
Elwwod is already a converted S&B fan.
Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

You bet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif But only if these lazy-a.. bastards keep their delivery schedules!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Yep, I figure that it is worth the trip! You will find how vastly different the north pacific coast is from the south pacific coast.

I live in the Redwoods of northern california and I would say that if you travel highway 101 make sure to stop at redwood national park and see some of the trees. They don't mean a darn thing to me because I grew up around them but they always seem to awe my visitors and relatives! Good sights to see from the car, just take the scenic bypass and in about 10 min you will have seen all the redwoods you want to plus some. Truly BIG trees!

Enjoy the trip!

Elwood, did you go past Coos Bay yet? The weather was terrible Saturday so we just stayed in a reloaded all day. Today is Easter so I am busy with family all day today.

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, I figure that it is worth the trip! You will find how vastly different the north pacific coast is from the south pacific coast.

I live in the Redwoods of northern california and I would say that if you travel highway 101 make sure to stop at redwood national park and see some of the trees. They don't mean a darn thing to me because I grew up around them but they always seem to awe my visitors and relatives! Good sights to see from the car, just take the scenic bypass and in about 10 min you will have seen all the redwoods you want to plus some. Truly BIG trees!

Enjoy the trip!

[/ QUOTE ]

hey 7mm,

cheers for the hint. We already passed through the Redwood National Park and you are so right - this is just about the most impressive display of living nature that I have ever seen!!! We did a 13 mile hike through the Prairie Creek national park and we had a ball!

Thanks again, all the best,

elwood on the road.

[ QUOTE ]
Elwood, did you go past Coos Bay yet? The weather was terrible Saturday so we just stayed in a reloaded all day. Today is Easter so I am busy with family all day today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for no getting back earlier to you but since we dont have a laptop with us, finding a place to go online is not easy!

No we did not pass through Coos Bay yet. At the moment we are in Bend and just had 30 inches of snow over the night so might just go skiing. But we will be going up the coast towards the end of this week. We will definitely take the 101 - it is supposed to offer you the best scenic drive there is!

Might meet up just for a beer or two and some forums talk. What do you reckon?

Cheers,

elwood.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.