Trajectory verifcation

canderson

Hey guys
I got my edge lined out, shooting close to 1/2 MOA out to 1200. Now I assume I need to shoot several distances and determine come ups. Then what? Adjust velocity until ballistic program matches my proven trajectory? 300 hybrids at 2820. Thanks for any help. Right now I am pretty consistent at 1k but trying to go farther. Put one round on 4' x 4' target at 1 mile this morning.
Chris

Then what? Adjust velocity until ballistic program matches my proven trajectory? 300 hybrids at 2820. Thanks for any help. Chris

That's pretty much it. The advertised BC should work fine out to 1200 to 1400 or maybe farther. After that I have seen some rifles that need a little BC tweeking.

Jeff

Thanks, Broz
Jut curious, how far can y'all keep the edge supersonic out west? I am pretty sure I had one keyhole at a mile today in the fat Arkansas air

Where I live at 4000 to 5000 ft you can stay above 1100 fps out to 2000 yards or so. But we have shot the 300 Berger many times into subsonic distances and find it handles it extremely well.

Jeff

Thanks, Broz
Jut curious, how far can y'all keep the edge supersonic out west? I am pretty sure I had one keyhole at a mile today in the fat Arkansas air

where were you shooting a mile at friend? i'm not that far from you and would like to try my rig at a mile when i get the new barrel on.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.