• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Trading/selling my motard with dirt set up

Madcat

I have a very nice '07 DRZ 400SM with street wheels, dirt wheels, a 5 gallon IMS desert tank and the stock tank. The bike is 100% stock (except for the desert tank) and has been well maintained with regular oil changes, a brand new master link chain and a new battery. It has around 10500 miles on it and runs very strong. I have the pink slip for it and I'm considering trading it for a good 2 up touring bike. I'm looking at Goldwings, Concours's, V-strom (liter), harleys, Victory and other long distance oriented bikes capable of 2 up riding. I'm not really looking to sell, but I might if the price is right. I'm looking for well maintained bikes, no rust buckets please.

This is the Supermotard model and has the inverted forks with adjustable front and rear suspension. Both set of wheels have brand new rubber on the rears with about 1k miles left on both fronts. The rear dirt wheel was just completely re-laced with Moose spokes. I have really enjoyed this bike and have put the last 4k miles on it myself, but my wife wants to ride with me and it's just underpowered and uncomfortable for long distance 2 up riding. The bike is mechanically sound and just got a check up by Sikmoto in San Luis Obispo along with a new rear. The registration is current and up to date, this is my commuter and see's regular use on the road as well as some weekend riding in the mountains.

I have hunted off this bike several times and it works really well for it.

I'm not really looking to sell outright, but I'd be looking for $5kish. The bike is in Los Osos CA.

430659_373266169350318_239793903_n.jpg

423306_373269152683353_1642849786_n.jpg

431260_379356748741260_307724406_n.jpg

0d7e9ae3.jpg

2170546e.jpg

a35c003b.jpg

I hope you manage to sell your bike. I have to say, I am a bit suprised that you chose this venue to do so. I am sure you put this somewhere else that has to do with transportation? This might the largest stretch of association I have seen to get something sold that has to do with hunting.

I hope you manage to sell your bike. I have to say, I am a bit suprised that you chose this venue to do so. I am sure you put this somewhere else that has to do with transportation? This might the largest stretch of association I have seen to get something sold that has to do with hunting.

I hunt off the bike a lot, I picked up one of TimberHawk killshot bags and it works fantastic. Before that I just strapped a bag across the tail section like in the pictures and my gun went inside. I have it posted up on other more transportation oriented sites, but I figured someone here might be interested. Where I live it's perfect for riding the 40 miles to the hunting area. I can carry enough gear for 2-3 days and only spend $13 in gas.

I've been hunting off bikes for years, I don't really think it's a stretch. I may just be an odd duck though.

If it's not cool to post it here I'll gladly remove it, I don't want to upset anyone.

Like I said, I hope you get it sold, and someone here has an interest in it.

I do because I do the same but with a Kawasaki KLR. 2 wheels are really the best way to get quickly, and out as quickly while still hauling your game.

They are terrain limited, more so than a horse or mule, but in the right situation can outperform both.

I'd love to have an old, vintage Rokon all wheel drive bike, the go anywhere hunters transportation.

I do because I do the same but with a Kawasaki KLR. 2 wheels are really the best way to get quickly, and out as quickly while still hauling your game.

They are terrain limited, more so than a horse or mule, but in the right situation can outperform both.

I'd love to have an old, vintage Rokon all wheel drive bike, the go anywhere hunters transportation.

KLR's are really popular and nice bikes. They are a bit heavier than the DRZ. This one was really perfect because it has adjustable suspension so when I load on an extra bit of weight I can compensate for it. I mainly Hog hunt and I like to shoot 80-110lb. piggies. I can load it all on the bike in a meat bag dial the suspension out a bit and make it through some really nasty stuff. This bike is a bit more dirt capable than some of the others.

Does yours have the requisite milkcrate? (also check out http://advrider.com if you've never been there)

It does (plastic milkcrate). I used to frequent the KLR forums but I'm really a Triumph owner/rider, I have a couple plus a Norton. KLR's a pretty turnkey basic. Some suspension mods, a real dohickey and a K&N in the air box.

I got the KLR to run the dirt roads around here (makes a dandy high speed dirt road bike) plus I police my fields for trespassers and predatory animals (I farm).

I have a gun scabbard on the bike and it regularly carry's a rifle. The rear rack and tie downs are ideal for carcass hauling.

Not a woods bike but very 2 track capable and it treds much more lightly than a jeep or 4x4.

I'm sure there are more posters on here that use 2 wheels in pursuit of game or at least consider it.

funny I've been looking trade my 08FZ6 for something like that but 1700mi is a bit far, nothing wrong with the Fazer just not riding it other than to work and back,I haven't even taken a trip in 2 years, and would like something a little more useful for me.

funny I've been looking trade my 08FZ6 for something like that but 1700mi is a bit far, nothing wrong with the Fazer just not riding it other than to work and back,I haven't even taken a trip in 2 years, and would like something a little more useful for me.

I've got a soft spot for yammyhammy's. I miss my R1...

5500_102086489801622_6630949_n.jpg

Recent Posts