Trading in brass

JimFromTN

There are several websites that give you store credit for your brass. Has anyone done this and maybe recommend someone? I inherited over 100 pounds of brass that I cannot use and will probably have a hard time selling. I have also considered just taking it in to a recycling center to see what I can get for it. I am going to try and sell as much as I can at first but will get sick of looking at it all eventually.

I'm sure you can make a few dollars separating them and listing them or you can give away smaller quantities to people who could really use it for the price of shipping. Do as you wish, this is just my two cents since it's an open discussion. Aloha!!

I'd try to trade it for something I can use, even if it's just 9mm or something. Someone gets brass they want and I get something I can use.

What cartridge is the brass for?

38 spcl
7mm rem mag
405 win
460 roland
454 casual

I am hoping I can sell the 405, 460, and 454. I have probably 4 to 5 one gallon baggies of 38 spcl and 3 one gallon baggies of 357. I believe I have well over 1000 pieces of 7mm rem mag brass.

I also have small pistol primers, bullets, plastic boxes, and dies. I would love to sell some of the primers but I am not dealing with hazmat.

Assuming this is just range brass? The 357 brass will sell and probably quickly, last time I bought 38 brass I paid 3 cents per piece shipped so you might be better trading it for something you use even if 2-1 or something. I only bought because it was cheap, I have thousands of pieces of 38 brass I have loaded well over 20 times and no issues, eventually they will split or start to split and those get tossed and the rest make another trip to the range. The 7 mag will sell too, I would be down for a couple hundred same headstamp if priced right, I would weight sort, anneal and roll with it. I bought a bunch of Winchester 300WM once-ish fired range brass a few years ago, did the same thing and it shoots really well. I think it ended up in 3 batches of +/- 2 grains or something, it's in my notes and brass boxes somewhere. I culled maybe 20%?

Assuming this is just range brass? The 357 brass will sell and probably quickly, last time I bought 38 brass I paid 3 cents per piece shipped so you might be better trading it for something you use even if 2-1 or something. I only bought because it was cheap, I have thousands of pieces of 38 brass I have loaded well over 20 times and no issues, eventually they will split or start to split and those get tossed and the rest make another trip to the range. The 7 mag will sell too, I would be down for a couple hundred same headstamp if priced right, I would weight sort, anneal and roll with it. I bought a bunch of Winchester 300WM once-ish fired range brass a few years ago, did the same thing and it shoots really well. I think it ended up in 3 batches of +/- 2 grains or something, it's in my notes and brass boxes somewhere. I culled maybe 20%?
The 38, 357, and 7mm are definitely range brass and I would guess that 85% or more of it is once fired. I will dig through the 7mm rem mag and pm you what I got if you are interested. I know some of it has been polished and deprimed.

Put your favorite tunes on, Grab your favorite beverage, Place several buckets around your chair in a half circle and begin separating the brass into calibers, Bag it up into gallon ziplocks and mark it with a sharpie caliber and quantity, It may take you a few evenings, I have done it more times than I can remember, I usually do it in times like these when you can actually get something for it. Taking it to the recycler is a bad idea, you will get pennies on the dollar as to what it is actually worth. Make sure you wash your hands afterwards to avoid getting lead in your system, The lead isn't as dangerous as the lead oxide. It's no big deal just be careful.

There are several websites that give you store credit for your brass. Has anyone done this and maybe recommend someone? I inherited over 100 pounds of brass that I cannot use and will probably have a hard time selling. I have also considered just taking it in to a recycling center to see what I can get for it. I am going to try and sell as much as I can at first but will get sick of looking at it all eventually.
Do you have any 222 Rem MAG ? Sorry didn't see you listed what you had till after I posted my comment. I would like to see everything you have for sale. Bullets, etc. I am just starting to reload so I am working on stocking components. Thanks

Last edited:
I've donated once fired range brass to US vets on many occasions. I collect the stuff at our club and (occasionally) deprime and run through my SS pin tumbler before shipping it. There are many guys on here that have young sons in the service that could use a little help getting started.

Just a thought.