• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Trades for guns or trespass fee for sw mt hunting?

Calfarmer

Hey guys I always hunt sw Montana around ennis to Dillon area and do pretty decent but usually hunt for 2 weeks or more to have success! This year my wife wants to go but can only hunt for about 5 days and I want her to kill her first buck ever, she's actually never killed anything she's just wanting to get into since we got married! So I'm looking for somebody in the area with some property that we could harvest a white tail or mule deer?
I'll be there the week before hunting on my own but when she arrives would like to get her on a buck right away so she gets the opportunity. Willing to pay a trespass fee or could trade for a rifle or handgun?! If anybody is interested and somewhere near that area we could even travel and get a room if it would be farther than my normal area?
Then let me know and let's plan something and go over and see if what I have interest you for a trade or a fee?
Thanks a lot! Trying to get her, her first buck!

if you know the area I would spend that extra money on glass and gas, I wish I had a week out there before the season started. And if I were only after deer I might look further to the east.

I would point you to an area but most of the mule deer are draw only and you would have had to apply a few weeks ago. There are some good block management spots around twin bridges. I could ask a guy I know what his trespass fee is.
What area around Dillon are you most fimilar with? Most all spots you could hook up on a deer.

I'll be elk hunting but that hasn't been that great the last couple of years, the farthest east we hunt from there is ennis and we usually stay in alder or Sheridan that would be awesome if you could ask about a trespass fee and see if your friend is willing to let us!
We hunt block management but mostly from alder area out to sweet water area we hunt the gravely down to ennis and then down to black butte
Thanks for the help and responses

Re: Trades for guns or trespass fee for sw mt hunting? CHANGE OF PLANS:(

Alright monkey wrench happened today:(
Wife found out they dont have the week off so I'll still be there at some point during the season but now looking for a state that has a New Years season? Rifle deer season during the Christmas break (she's a teacher) looks like Nebraska does any other ideas on this predicament ? Don't really wanna travel much east of the Mississippi
Thank you for any help

I live in Northwest Nebraska and the only two seasons open at Christmas time for Bucks is muzzle loader and archery. I have not seen the regs for this year but they usually do not change that much. The only rifle season open after the general Nov. firearms starts Jan. 1st for two weeks and is for does only on landowner, seasons choice or various river permits. That is when I burn up any remaining landowner permits I have and cull some does. The muzzle loader season runs the whole month of Dec. and a permit will allow you to take a whitetail buck or a doe. Our mule deer have really suffered due to predators and fires and it is pretty limited on public land. There is lots of public land in the area but the hunting can be tough depending on the weather. Last year we had a lot of snow and sub zero temps with wind, i.e. it was miserable. Check it out and if I can give you some guidance let me know.

That's for the help!
I saw on the f&g website that statewide wt buck is from sep1st- dec31st but it doesn't say if that's rifle so your prob correct it's probably for muzzleloader only or archery

That statewide buck permit is good for whatever seasons are open at the time you are hunting. It is the same with my landowner permits as I can use the permit through out the fall/winter as long as I am using the weapon(s) that are open at that time. Your best bet for her to go muzzle loader. If he weather is good you would have good hunting from Dec. 1 through Dec. 31st.

Recent Posts