Trade: NM private land elk or pronghorn for Texas nilgai

Jonoton

Hello,

I have a small ranch in NM Unit 37 with private land elk and pronghorn tags. Cow elk are plentiful on our little cluster of bluffs and prairie, but I have not seen many bulls - they stay higher up in the nearby mountains. I would like to trade a 2020 elk or pronghorn hunting permission for a south Texas private land nilgai hunt, or perhaps an axis hunt for the pronghorn. Can also include a mule deer permission, as well as aoudad (though I have never seen them on our ranch and would not put that at high probability).

I'm a freezer hunter, and am not looking for a trophy nilgai. I'd really be interested in a long-term barter arrangement.

Cow I took back in November:

Attachments

• 20191123_085842_resize_38.jpg
    20191123_085842_resize_38.jpg
    711.9 KB · Views: 306
  • 20191122_093814_resize_31.jpg
    20191122_093814_resize_31.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 306
Jonoton,

Great photo's, I don't have anything to trade at this time. I hunt near Mt Taylor and had mixed results over the years. I hope to draw a tag this year for Valles Caldera, but you never know. If we could work something out, I would like to hunt on your ranch, Cows, Deer, or Prairie Goats I like it all. I don't have much to offer (Cash or Trade Work) at one time I drove a tractor and pulled wire.
I have a buddy in South Texas that tried to get me to go hunt Nilgai with him before and I was never interested in them. I will check with him and see if he still has that option.

Ace

I have access to nilgai on 2 separate areas. Night with thermal and evening or early morning. Just let me know what you think. Cow hunts would be awesome!!!!!

Hello,

I have a small ranch in NM Unit 37 with private land elk and pronghorn tags. Cow elk are plentiful on our little cluster of bluffs and prairie, but I have not seen many bulls - they stay higher up in the nearby mountains. I would like to trade a 2020 elk or pronghorn hunting permission for a south Texas private land nilgai hunt, or perhaps an axis hunt for the pronghorn. Can also include a mule deer permission, as well as aoudad (though I have never seen them on our ranch and would not put that at high probability).

I'm a freezer hunter, and am not looking for a trophy nilgai. I'd really be interested in a long-term barter arrangement.

Cow I took back in November:
I drew a Bull Elk tag for the Laguna Reservation for November of 2020 and I hope to be able to tag out, but if not. I would be interested in a left over cow tag for January of 2021.
Thanks,
Ace

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.